Part 16

I woke up to the  beautiful chirping of the birds. It was so melodious to hear.  I slowly opened my eyes smiling.
It all felt so good and refreshing.
Wait! This is not my room.

 I looked around and recalled that I slept on the way to the farmhouse. 
But hadn't I asked him to wake me up? 

Realisation dawned upon me that he must have carried me all the way up here.
I blushed imagining it happen.

After a few minutes of staying in the bed, I got up and went to the balcony attached to the room. The scenery outside was breathtaking! 

The house was surrounded by the big big lawn which had multiple tall trees. One side was the big garage and on the other, various plantations had been done. There was no sign of any nearby house.
Wow! I was speechless.

After admiring the view, I went to search for my phone, which I found on the dressing table and took few pictures of the scenic view.

I found my bag placed in the corner of the room. After taking a shower and dressing myself in loose jeans and top, I went downstairs.

This house is an excellent beauty. Whoever is the owner of this farmhouse, has a good taste!
Descending the stairs, I found the kitchen. Anita and some other lady were present there.

I hugged Anita from behind.
"Hey, How're you?" I asked
"I'm perfectly fine. What about you?"
"Me too."
"You know what, I've a feeling that these few days are going to be the best memorable ones."
I smiled.

"Anita, the breakfast is ready." Said that other lady.
I looked at her. She looked in her 50s. 
"Ok. It's time. ..wait,  Khushi meet  Lata Aunty. She is a caretaker of this house and also the cook when we're here." Anita said to me and then turned towards her " And Aunty, this is Khushi… She is our friend. She is a Doctor,  so if you've any problem regarding health, you can count on her."

We both greeted each other. Then we helped each other in placing the food and dishes on the table.
Aman and the kids too arrived but there was no sign of Arnav.

By now everyone had started eating. The kids were extra active today. And they were talking about some play stuff.  Aman and Anita were talking about some family matter. While me, I was just looking at the stairs, hoping for any sign of him.

" Khushi, what happened? Why aren't you eating?" Said Anita looking towards the stairs.
"Oh.. you're waiting for him." She said after few seconds and smiled.
"Umm. No..no." I tried to explain, but she cut me off. 
"He had a busy week. And slept late last night. So he asked me not to wake him up." I nodded at her.

Soon we finished breakfast.
The rest of the day went after the kids who pestered me to watch this movie, play that game. And I was loving every bit of their attention.

Arnav woke up around noon. But he was extremely quiet and in deep thoughts.
At night, after the kids slept, we adults decided to watch some movie.

Yeah that would count as the no.2 movie for me considering the first one was with kids: Batman.

Aman ended up selecting Shutter Island.

The movie was so full of suspense and kept me on edge and  eager to know what's gonna happen next. Leo's acting was marvelous!
Halfway to the movie,I must say that I was extremely engrossed. 

When I shifted my head a little sideway, the couch felt different. I repeated moving my head further, it was the same feeling.
Huh!When did the couch start to feel this hard?
Confused, I looked at it. 
But my eyes widened. 
Because, it was Arnav's shoulder I was lying upon. I was blushing because of our close proximity.
When did this happen? Wasn't I alone on the couch? When did he come and How come I wasn't aware of my surroundings?
Stupid! 

I tried to shift but he holded me. And with eyes directed me, to not move.

Is this me only who experiences strange foreign feel whenever he holds me close? Probably yes, because I don't think he would still be this stone faced without any emotion.

And he expects me to endure this for next hour or something by sitting this close to him! 
Before I could say anything, I heard Aman's voice coming from behind. 

"Guys, we will call it a night. We have other things to do" he winked at the end giving Anita a deep kiss. He was holding Anita in his arms.

"Yeah definitely. It was already getting alot intense here with you both over each other." 

I was already blushing seeing them like this but Arnav's statement heightened it.
I was unaware of this too! 
They left to their room to complete their business. 

Point noted, be aware of your surroundings.

"Its their usual behaviour. Let's continue the movie." He said putting my head back to his shoulder. 

I didn't said anything because I did wanted to know what was the mystery in the end of the movie. 
It's just a friendly action. Nothing more.
I tried to explain myself. 

But deep down I knew that I liked this position hence I didn't object further.

*****

We were in the kitchen after the movie ended. 

"You're coming with me tomorrow evening. I want to take you somewhere."  He said.

I stopped drinking the water and looked at him surprised.
He just ordered me. Not even asked first!

"No, I've plans." I retorted. I was a little angry at his behaviour.
"Oh come on. You aren't going to spend another day playing and watching movies."

I looked at him. waiting to find another excuse.

"Be ready at 4 in the evening. Finish your plans before that." He smiled arrogantly.

"I've something important to talk with you tomorrow." He said suddenly kissing me at the corner of my lips. He smirked, said good night and left even before I could say anything.

Why does he still do all those things?
But more than his almost lip-kiss, I was confused on what he is going to talk about and that too the important one!

I have some strange weird gut feeling about tomorrow….

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Please do comment and share your views.