Part 03

Sitting comfortably on my living room couch,  eating the whole chocolate brownie ice-cream tub by myself, watching my favorite show 'Arrow'  on the tv screen. That's how I imagined my today's free time at home. 
That's what I have been waiting for after the 3 weeks of busy schedule at the hospital.

But here I'm sitting with the mysterious intimidating man for dinner who is looking at me from the past 2 minutes thinking god knows what! Maybe he talks less but his eyes, those Grey eyes , upon looking from near distance conveys the few emotions. 

He got the call and excused himself near the window. I took the sigh of relief.
Please don't let this call end. His gaze makes me uncomfortable.

I looked around the empty dinner wing.

How come it's possible that no one has come on this part when the other wing was crowded!  
Shit! His call ended. 

The wing is empty, that means only he and I would be here until someone comes which I hardly expect.

 My heart started to beat faster as I saw him taking the seat looking at me.

"So Khushi, are you afraid of me?" He asked, fixing his eyes directly over me.
I averted my eyes looking anywhere but him.

Yes Mister, your actions make me afraid of you. Who continuously stares at someone? 
It sometimes feels like he has the scanning machine fitted in place of his eyes. 

"I…"  Before I could answer further the manager approached us.
Thank God!

"Its pleasure to have you here.
What would you like to order?" He asked politely.
The manager treated Arnav as if he was some royalty. He's also afraid at the same time.

Dude! He is the employee just like you

I looked at Arnav, who looked displeased for interruption but quickly masked his face with neutral expression.

After taking our orders, he left. 
"You didn't answer my earlier question." He stated.

Ah there he goes again. What's with you today, man. Why are you hell bent on making me embarrassed to admit the thing which you already know?

"It's just that I find you intimidating." I answered to which he chuckled. Heat raised up my cheeks.

Change the topic! Please.

"So you're a vegan?" I asked remembering the food he ordered.
"Mostly. But at times I do prefer vegetarian. You?"  

"I'm vegetarian." I replied
"Surgery is your passion I suppose" He stated.

"Yeah, I've been fascinated by that field since day one. But the road to it wasn't that easy. I had to work really hard." I replied, relieving all the memories of my struggle. A smile came over my face.

"You know what I've got Residency at one of the best hospitals. The hospital is amazing  minus a few months. " A frown took over my face as all the recent happenings of the hospital came into my mind.

"The hospital will be back to normal. We're here after all." He said something a little serious.
The food came.
" With the notice of the head coming for visit, since yesterday, all the doctors have returned and not a single doubt you'll find them there."  I replied.
"We have taken all the proof of those involved and a lot of staff are going to suffer tomorrow." 
I hummed eating the food, casting my eyes down as I felt he had once again gone into his gazing mode. 

What's with him and his eyes?There are so many things to look at but his source of interest is I only!

"You must be working under the head of the AR. Right?" I asked
He took some time before answering.
"Ye..ah. Why asked?"

"Umm. Actually today I heard the talks from my colleagues. That he is a cold-hearted and dangerous person. He is the wolf of the business. If you come in his way then he will discard you like trash. It's better to stay away from him" 

"And. Do you believe it?" he asked 
Why do I sense curiosity in his eyes?

"No, I think they are rumors. They haven't met the person and even know him, but are spreading the previous heard talks." I answered thoughtfully.

He nodded thinking something deeply.

"Hope that your boyfriend won't mind that you're here?" He asked with a darkened gaze. 
''Huh! Boyfriend… I don't have any boyfriend"
I replied blushing thinking what made him ask this.

His eyes flickered for a moment.
"Then who was that guy you were talking to at the hospital at noon?" I sensed jealousy in his tone. But maybe I'm mistaken, because that's not possible.

So that was the reason I felt someone was watching me around that time. I didn't expect that to be you Mr. Raizada.

"He is just a friend, the fellow Resident. So you were at the hospital today?" I asked
"Yeah, had some work." That's all I got in reply.

We finished our food. 
As the payment bill didn't come, I asked him about it.
"That's been taken care of." He replied.
"But, I.." Before I can continue he cut me off
"No buts, you were invited here, so the payment is on me. Let's head outside" He said.

I followed him outside the hotel. 
On the way I noticed that all the people were  extra-conscious in front of him. The staff, the other people too.

"Hey Arnav, I feel uncomfortable. It's as if I came for free food." I told him as I came by his side.
He stopped and took a deep breath.
"Look, you can pay the next time. Okay"  He replied in the no more arguments tone.

I left the topic as I didn't know what to say.

"You must be of some high important post in AR, as all the people know and respect you. Isn't it?" I asked him, confused.
"Yeah, you can say so" he replied with a smirk.
I nodded and started to check my phone as I got a message. Already we had reached my car.
"So what's your idea about the business field? He asked suddenly.
"Sorry. But I hardly have any idea about it.In Fact whenever my father watched any business channel, I rarely paid attention." I was a little embarrassed.

I kept my mobile in the pocket. And I turned to look at him, but stumbled as I wasn't paying attention.
Ah! Here I fall. 

As a reflex my eyes closed. But I didn't touch the ground. Instead, I was pulled hardly into someone.
"Careful!" I heard Arnav say
Few seconds passed.

I opened my eyes and then it registered that I was hugging him. It was his chest that I was facing.
You smell good dude! Which perfume do you use?
I blushed at the position we were in. 
I slowly lifted my face upwards and saw him already staring at me.
This is too close. I can even feel his breath.
Our faces were centimeters apart.

He is handsome, extremely handsome! And his grey eyes and sharp jaws.Wow! He has got good genes

As slowly the reality sunk in, I maintained some distance and looked down unable to meet his eyes.
"Thank you!" I said.

Suddenly I felt a kiss lingering on my left cheek. My eyes widened.
"See you tomorrow, Khushi!" he said in my ear. 
I blushed hard. 
I didn't expected this
What's happening to me? Why my heart  is beating so fast.

I looked at him and flushed more seeing he was staring at me with a slight smile.
I sat in my car.
'Yeah..bye!" I replied absent-minded as I was in shock. He nodded.
I started the car and left.

Gosh! Was that real? Why's he making me feel this way? 
And tomorrow! How am I gonna face him tomorrow?

If only I knew what shock was awaiting for me tomorrow.

****************************
Finally I completed the third part. It's the longest one till now with a total of 1311 words.

Please comment and share your views over the story.