Part 32

It was close to 1 at night, but sleep was the last thing on my mind. I walked to his study room. Knocked the door, 
"Yeah, Come inside"  his voice came after few seconds

"You're awake?!" He looked at the clock.
"Wasn't feeling sleepy. How long will your work take?
"Probably a few hours more!" He replied, rubbing his eyes tiredly. 
"Do you want any kind of help?" 
"A hot cup of dark roast coffee, black. No sugar" 
I left for the kitchen.

Once I returned with his coffee, I found him busy on a video call discussing some business details. 
"What's the average market turnout  in the last 3 months?" He asked, flipping pages of the file while talking to the on call person.
He directed me to keep the cup on the table.
 I turned to leave his study as I knew there's no way I'm gonna get my answers due to his busy state.

"Khushi wait," he asked, typing something on his ipad. "Can you bring me that green file I brought with me yesterday?" When I nodded, he threw the key towards me which I catched , "In my room's wardrobe pull the right drawer. Automobile sales Imports, would be written over it."

On reaching his room and opening the wardrobe I found 3 drawers on the right side. He didn't specify which one. Confused, I opened the first one. A black diary was there and something metallic below it. I closed it. The second drawer had the file which he asked for. I shut the wardrobe. 

What was that? Why did it look like…
To clear my doubt, I opened it again. And upon lifting the black diary, I was shocked to see the content inside. 
A pistol was present there!
What the fuck!

A fear gripped me.
Why does he have a firearm with him? I stood dumbfounded looking at the pistol for a while, thinking of all the possible reasons for having a pistol.
He doesn't seem like one to kill someone, but then why would he have a pistol with an A engraved over it?
 I came out of my trance when I realised he must be waiting for his file. Immediately shutting his wardrobe I went to him.
Keeping my face neutral, I went inside his study and gave him his file. 

He stopped talking
"I… I'll  go to my room. ''He was looking at me silently. I left immediately.

********

The next day arised quickly. I was torn between the myriad of emotions. Although I found it odd that he didn't ask me before deciding, I was now ecstatic to find out the suspense of where we were going? I loved surprises, new things and new adventures in life because for a long time my life was just monotonous, just surgery residency and nothing else.

While on the other hand, I also had fear of being alone with him. I have trusted my heart instead of mind in giving him the chance, but always had one big question mark that whether I was doing right?
In the past days, I've seen new sides of him, have heard alot about him even the warnings from people that he is dangerous. And the pistol that I discovered in his wardrobe was screaming at me to stay away from him.

"What's troubling you in this beautiful morning?" His voice came from the staircase.
"Nothing, just random issues." He looked at me in a questioning stare.

"Well, You look sleep deprived" I changed the topic before he could ask me further. He had dark circles with red eyes and tired body language, " how long did you work?" 
" The whole night, I just got free minutes back." He sat on the couch and stretched his limbs. "We are leaving in an hour"
"But I think you should get rest first" I sat in front of  him. 
"Don't worry, it's usual for me. I'll get some while we get there." He said dialling someone. 
I went to the kitchen to keep my empty cup of coffee. My ears paid extra attention to what he was saying over the call,
"No man, just take your gun from me. I've had it since 2 weeks already." He exclaimed, "fine then don't complain as I'm away for next five days."