Part 39

He walked unfazed inside the living room ignoring my angry outburst, went and picked up the big piece of broken vase. 

" This was imported from Ireland, one of the rare artefacts from the 1850s. And it was worth 15,000 pounds." He raised an eyebrow at me.

My eyes widened at the amount as I calculated it's worth. Fuck!

Sweat formed on my forehead.

"Well, that's your fault. You should have thought all these things prior to kidnapping me." I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. Although inside I felt bad for that broken vase.

His jaw hardened. Dropping that broken vase piece on the floor, he then walked and sat on the couch with his one leg over the other. He took out one cigar from the box and placed it in the corner of his mouth. His other hand casually took out the lighter from his pocket and lit it up. As he blew the smoke out of his cigar, I scrunch my nose at the acrid smell that it produced.

I exclaimed, "You smoke!!" My tone is more like an astonished question instead of just a statement. 
"Yeah, does it look like anything else?" He questioned with a cold gaze, hard jaw.

"Smoking is bad. It's the major cause of cancer, heart disease, strokes and so many. If you want to live a long healthy life, quit smoking." I gave a mini anti-smoking speech.

"People should shut up when they don't care. And whether I live or die, it's none of your business. " he said nonchalantly, flipping the pages of a business magazine with one hand while smoking with the other hand.
"Of Course I care," He raised his head immediately towards me,"..ummm....as your doctor. I do care." 

"You're not my doctor." 
"Why are you acting so rude??!" I said frustrated. "

I paced to and fro, from one end of the room to another inorder to calm myself down.
"Coming to the original point, I'm not marrying you. And let me…." His mobile rang. 

Ughh! This stupid call.

"Hey! You're talking with me. Ignore your call" I said, quickly gaining his attention. To which he smirked. And he did the exact opposite of what I said. He answered his call.
"Yeah, …..  alright I'm on my way…. In 20 mins."
He walked past me but came back to give a quick lip smooch. "At night " he whispered in my ear and left.
"Nooo, waittttttttt!" I shouted but he didn't even listen before closing the door.

The door was password protected hence even after a few attempts, I couldn't even break out! 
"Mam, only ASR knows the password. " 
I turned towards her and recognized her as the same maid who frequently visited me.

"What's your name?" I asked, sitting on the kitchen stool. 
"Daisy, mam" she replied politely, washing the last utensil and cleaning up her hands.
"I'm sorry about the earlier outburst Daisy. It was really rude of me to talk that way. You were just following his orders." I said to her, She was short, not short that much but pretty.

"No mam, please don't say that." 
"Since how long have you worked for him? What do you know about your employer?"
"It's gonna be seven years next month. '' She comes and stands in front of me, " I am forever grateful to ASR for hiring me otherwise I was on the verge of getting killed by my abusive stepfather." 

A tear slided her eyes.

"Mam, it's not my place to tell you anything. But ASR is like a brother to me." She took my hand in hers, " He has already suffered a lot by his fate. If possible, look inside his true self. You will find a beautiful human being yearning be loved, to be supported, to be cared for." 
I nodded overwhelmed with emotions and left for my room. 
I tried to brush off the hurt feelings. But wasn't successful.