Part 02

I said bye to Dany and his mother, she was discharged and was advised bed rest after her treatment. I promised Dany that I will visit him soon. Just a few days, it took to get close with him. Kids are surely the most lovely ones in this whole world. It hurted a little that I won't be able to spend my time with Dany like every other day in the hospital. But I'll have to accept the reality.

The day passed quickly. And I soon busied myself with OPD duties. Like every other Saturday today too, the patient's rush was maximum. Some came for their follow-up checkup after surgery while few were admitted in the hospital for their further treatment. 
At 8:30 pm, my hospital shift got completed. Although I was tired but was happy and content, because I loved my Residency. Surgery's field has always attracted me from my day one of medical studies.

Reaching the parking lot, I started my car towards my home. I was just a turn away from  home, my mobile rang. I soon parked the car at my home, and took out the mobile. It was an unknown number. Before I could answer it, it ended.
I wondered who it was. While I was opening my house door, it rang again. I quickly answered it.

"Hey Khushi, it's me Aman." The caller said
"Hi!" I answered wondering how he got my contact no.

"I got your no. from hospital records, if that's what you're thinking. By the way, let's meet for dinner" said Aman.

Huh, dinner! I didn't see it coming. I thought it's been 3 days so they'd have left the city by now.

"Why!? ..I mean what's the need for it. We just met 3 days ago and discussed everything as far as I know." I tried to find the reason for his sudden dinner proposal.

"Relax, it's just a friendly dinner."
"Fine, okay! I'll come." I replied.
As they were from the AR Foundation who runs the hospital, I can't deny. Besides I had a feeling that he is a nice man who can be trusted.

"I'm texting you the address. We are almost there. So call, when you reach the location." He said.
The word 'we' was red alert for me. So Arnav will also be there. No..I don't want to go..

"Hey, how about we meet tomorrow. I'm in the hospital, a little busy." 

"Stop lying Khushi, your shift ended 20 minutes ago. Now hurry up, we're waiting for you." He replied laughing, as if he knew why I didn't want to come.
Wait, how come he knew my working timings?

Damn! Why me? Can't they invite any other person for their FRIENDLY DINNER! I can't tolerate that man, Arnav. He makes me alot afraid and nervous.

Within 15 minutes, I got fresh and dressed myself in black-and-white jumpsuit and matching white sandals. I never liked to apply the makeup, so  that was the plus point for saving the time. I liked my natural glowing skin. Just applied the lip gloss and the moisturiser and I'm good to go.

 Just applied the lip gloss and the moisturiser and I'm good to go

It was 9:25 pm, when I reached  The Grand AR Hotel. I was surprised when he sent me the address. It was a 7 star hotel, one of the top and luxurious hotels in the city. 
But one thing I didn't understand is how come is it possible for the employees of the AR Foundation to have such high class perks?!

I called and he told me to ask at the reception for the booking under the name Raizada. I was then directed by the waiter towards wing 02.
The waiter all the way looked in a strange way at me.
I started to wonder whether something was on my face.
Before entering, I checked myself in the mirror. But I was all okay, nothing weird!

I went inside and found Aman and Arnav seated on one of the tables in the middle. I looked around and found the whole wing empty!
Today's Saturday yet how come this part is empty. I remember the other part was crowded. 
They looked at me. I grew self-conscious. Nervousness started coming up. 

I walked to them. 
"Glad you came." Aman said as soon as I was seated. I smiled.
Then he started to talk about the day's activity, and asked me about my Residency. The starter drinks arrived.

All the while Arnav just stared and answered Aman in a few words. 
 Maybe he is a man of few words.

"So Khushi, what are you doing tomorrow?" Asked Aman
"Actually I have off day on Sunday. But due to the head of the AR Foundation arriving on visit tomorrow, my morning is going to suffer. Why did your boss choose to arrive on Sunday and not some other day?!"

They both looked at each other for a minute, almost making me wonder, did I say anything wrong?

"I mean, he would be having a wife and childrens, so instead of spending his sunday with them, he's working and also making people work on sunday too. Who can be this workaholic!"

Aman began laughing as soon as I completed the sentence. When I asked why, he just looked at Arnav and said, you'll get to know later. Arnav was also smiling. 

Huh! I didn't got any reason for what they found so funny.

Aman got a call. He excused himself.
"Sorry guys! I'll have to leave. Got an emergency at work. You can carry on" he said upon his arrival.

My eyes widened. That means it's just me and Arnav. Noooo!

"Wait Aman, have the dinner and then go. You can't leave in between. Please" I pleaded him with the eyes

" Arnav is here with you, you'll not be alone. And btw, I know the reason why you denied after saying yes earlier for dinner. Don't worry Khushi! Arnav is a human. He won't eat you up." He said laughing and winked at the end.
Saying Bye, he left.

I looked at Arnav flushed, who was looking at me.

Just then a thought struck me. I looked at the watch. 
So it's been only 10 minutes and Aman leaves.
 Was this just a turn of events that he had to leave or was this the purpose behind the whole dinner thing?

Either way I'm screwed. Now how am I gonna have dinner with this intimidating man alone?