Part 21

I never went for any new year celebrations till now, except three times with Amy. And that was because she pestered me a lot. Truth to be told, I was more focused on my studies. And also it was due to the fact that I found it awkward to spend my time among strangers. So, when Arnav asked me whether I wanted to stay in the Club where the new year's welcome party was going on or wanted to enjoy the fireworks that the Hotel was going to display, I immediately agreed for the latter option. 

Minutes before the clock struck 12, people started the countdown. 
"Five..four..three..two..One.." and that's when the fireworks started to display in the sky. The crowd roared in elation, music started playing and everything looked so amazing and cheerful that I felt Wow! What a night. 

I was so amazed and happy that without thinking I embraced Arnav "Happy new year".  He stood still  and that's when I realized what I had done.
Stupid! He is not Amy whom you used to hug at new year celebrations.

Embarrassed, I looked up to see him smiling 
"Happy New Year." 
"So I assume that you liked this celebration?" He asked.
"Yeah, allott . Thank you for making me stay. This is amazing." I replied looking at the colourful fireworks.

***********

We came back to the suite. He excused himself as he got the call and went outside on the balcony. A glass partition was separating the living room and the balcony.

I took out the chocolate from my bag and started to reply to the messages that I received. As I was munching the chocolate and replying at the same time,  I felt some weird feeling.
 I looked up and found Arnav staring at me through the glass partition. Although he was talking on his phone, his attention was on me. I checked my appearance, everything was normal. 
Don't know why he's continuously looking at me?

Even after a minute he didn't change his position. I got up and pretended to walk while using my phone at the same time, so that he could stop staring at me.
For a moment I thought about returning to my room but then remembered that he wanted to talk about something.

As the battery level was low, I kept my mobile for charging and took some random magazines to pass the time. It was a business magazine, but I decided to try reading it.
Except for a few things, I didn't understand anything, so after minutes of flipping pages boringly, I decided to put them in their original place.
As I turned back I soon collided with something hard, the magazines from my hand fell down. My eyes widened when I found out it was Arnav. 
When did he come inside?
And before I could lose my balance, he took a hold of my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I took a hold of his shoulders on either side with both hands, and steadied me.
When my breathing got normal, I looked up to find him staring at me. But there was something different, his eyes conveyed something which I wasn't able to point up.

When I finally realised that I was openly staring right in his eyes, I was hella embarrassed. 
Flustered, I averted my eyes downwards and backed up, taking my hands from his shoulders. But I was surprised when he didn't free me.

Confused, I looked up again. 
"I thought about the revelations you made today. And …"
I was more confused when he stopped midway.
"And?" My thoughts were running in every direction. And I knew what was coming next.

He took his hand from my waist and raised it upwards. I furrowed my eyebrows in question.
It was already hard to show that I'm not affected by his closeness, when in reality it was completely opposite. And this man, due to his weird behaviour today, was testing my patience. 
What's he doing?

He then took out the hair band and let my hair loose. And with his other hand, he adjusted my hair strands on the side. "Don't tie your hair. They look beautiful when they are free."
What?!! I didn't see this coming. I mean this is completely unexpected.
Dude, what does my hair have to do in this talk?

I decided to keep mum and wait for his further reply. I backed up a little so as to create a space between us. My heart was already speeding up. 

"And I think that you are just afraid of love due to a few bad examples." He took a step forward which in turn made me take one back. " You don't even know what being truly loved by someone feels."

"And I've decided that," he moved another step forward and damn, here I hit the wall! "I'm not gonna back down." 
My eyes widened hearing his ultimate answer.
 I expected either he will break our friendship or (due to some rare chances) he will continue being friends. 
But this guy chose a 3rd option which was not even in my far away thoughts.
And the calm way he was behaving since he came to the hotel suite, I was sure that he agreed to continue as friends.

I broke out of my thoughts when I felt his one hand under my chin forcing me to look into his eyes. Then he, not breaking eye contact, lowered his other hand inside my top and placed it on my waist.
The skin to skin contact raised the sparks on that area, blood pumping faster and butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

Bewildered, I asked, "wh..what ar..e you doing?" I wasn't even able to form the sentence seeing something like dark determination in his eyes. He raised his hand from my chin to tuck my hair strands then rested his hand on my jaw.
He smirked and raised his one eyebrow as if challenging to stop him.
No..no.. It's not what I'm thinking, he'll not…

He was advancing towards my lips.
Out of reflex, I tried to divert my mouth to the right side, but his hold on my  face prevented me from doing so.
I can't even move backwards, due to the wall behind me.
I was completely trapped! It was really getting hard to control my wildly beating heart. 
Is this the same Arnav? Does he even knows what he's doing?
As a last option to stop whatever he was doing,  I decided to use my leg in order to knee him at his private part.
But as soon as I had just raised my leg a little only, his left hand pulled my hairs into a tight grip, causing a pain in my scalp, while at the same time his right hand blocked my leg's action.

How can anyone be so keen on the timing?
Damn! How can anyone's hand be this powerful?

Tears formed in my eyes, due to pain and seeing no way out.
"Dont!" He threateningly commanded me. 
And immediately he placed his lips on mine.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Please do share your views.