Part 30

3 hours later,

I was sitting on the couch in the VIP room of the hospital, that was for Jason. I looked at him who was yet to wake up but was safe and saved on time. The chief doctor came immediately and emergency measures had been taken, he was shifted to the ICU. 
I had asked to accompany the doctors while they managed Jason's medical state because I feared the same thing would happen again. Clearly I don't trust the doctors here.
Of Course they refused, the reason being I didn't have a local medical licence, but one threat from Arnav of suing the hospital and they agreed.

And now, I was the only one allowed by Arnav in this private room, not even his family, which I find odd! My thoughts were interrupted soon when I heard loud noises coming from outside. After having a look at Jason, I followed the source of the noises. Outside the room, in the corridor of the 4th floor of the hospital, Arnav was having a fight with Jason's wife, Rae. Bodyguards had taken a hold of Rae and Lisa. 

"Just get out. Don't make me throw you away!" Arnav threatened in a menacing voice. 

Confused at the scenario, I followed where they were. Why was he acting this way with his sister in law?! I looked at Stella and his mother who were right beside him and tears were non stop flowing from his mother's eyes while Stella's too, who was trying to stay strong and comfort her aunt.

"And here comes the gold digger s*ut!..." Rae commented with a venom laced voice, looking at me but was soon cut off by Arnav.

"Dare to say those words again and you'll see the worst side of me!!!" She earned a hard slap from him, "If anyone's gold digger then it's you! The one who robbed my brother slowly and went as far as to kill him today" 
My eyes widened.. How can she kill her own husband?

"Jason knew about your reality, but he was so blind in your love that he wanted to forget everything and start afresh." Said Stella as she went near Rae, " Despite our denial, he was gonna gift diamond jewelries worth fucking millions to you. But before that, you gifted him with his death today. The most unique present by any wife to her husband on their wedding Anniversary,  isn't it!" Stella too slapped Rae awfully hard. Rae's face was red after getting slapped by both the cousins on either side of her face and was crying non stop but there was no guilt visible on her face.

WTF!

I didn't even notice that Stella had walked to me until her words fell on my ears, " It was good that Arnav forgot the bag at his home, and Khushi brought it here. If it wasn't for her profession and alertness, we would have definitely lost our Jason today. And for that we're forever grateful to you Khushi! Thanks for saving him." She hugged me.
"It's okay!" I said to her while wiping her tears.

The police officers arrived with their staff. Arnav and they talked about the whole incident.

"My lawyer will take it forward from here." Said Arnav to the officer.

"I'll ruin you bitch, just wait and watch." Rae threatened me as the officers arrested her and Lisa, the latter had helped her in carrying out the plan, and also the hospital staff that were involved.
I didn't answer her back because she was nothing to me. It didn't matter whether she liked me or not. She got her Karma. But I wondered what problem she had with me.If someone was wrong then it was her, all I did was save a life. She was a weird creature! 

I was looking at her retreating back as the police took her away, and when I turned towards my right I found Arnav's mother near me. She took my face in her hands,
"You've come as a miracle to our family, darling! Have me forever indebted for saving my son. Ask me anything and I'll give you." She said as she hugged me and cried.
Few seconds passed and we stood in the same position until I broke the silence,