Part 26

He tightened his hold on my hand and pulled me upwards. I stood up from my chair.
All I wanted was to just run away from here. Damn! Why did I even agree to attend this party tonight?

" I've never danced. Please Arnav ..."
To my request he left my hand and turned towards me. I got happy that he agreed but my relief was short lived, as he took a hold of my waist with his right hand, bent down and said, "Just follow my lead"

My eyes widened, "I..I'll embarrass myself."
He sighed and looked in my eyes and replied,"You will not. Trust me!"
His words hold so much power and confidence.

With that he led me to the dance floor.
He slipped his hand to my waist, while his other hand held mine. I rested my free hand on his shoulder. When I looked up to his face, he was already looking down intently while I'm sure my gaze represented fear and unsurity.

It was really getting hard to maintain my cool facade when all I was feeling was the sparks of his proximity. I always had a thing for the way he smelled since the beginning. First of all I thought maybe it was the perfume he was using, but the time I spent with him in December confirmed that it was the way he smelled. His scent was so addicting.
And the most surprising thing was that I never felt attracted to someone this way.
Unknowingly a smile formed on my lips.
The way my organs( or shall I say my whole body) reacts around him, is an entirely different experience. I didn't even feel this way,to that my douche betrayer, whom I loved once.

Maybe this is just a little attraction on him that I hadn't gotten rid of.
"These rich asses only want you for their entertainment, Khushi. First they make you feel special, then they'll use you. It will not even take a second to discard you like trash once their motive is over." My best friend's words echoed in my mind which snapped me out to reality.

I looked around, and found that we were still on the dance floor and Arnav was looking the same way as earlier.
Doesn't he get tired of always staring at me?!

My eyes widened, when I realised that we swayed together to the music.
How I moulded myself to this dance? I didn't even know this step!

"When you were busy in your thoughts, I guided your body movement." He said, chuckling.
"What?!" I was dumbfounded.

"You're an open book, Khushi." He said coming close to my ear.
Out Of nowhere, he suddenly twirled me round and then when he pulled me close, I landed straight to him with both my hands on his chest. Due to his sudden actions, my breathing was already high. And it got even more, when he guided my both hands around his neck and we continued to sway together.

This guy doesn't know how hard I'm holding up myself from the effects of his touch. And my damn hormones!

He moved his face closer to mine. I stilled when he grazed his nose along the side of my neck. I gulped and tightened my hold on him. "You were disappointed to see me here." He kissed my earlobe. Shiver ran down my body.
Surprisingly, I loved the feeling.

"No..oo, I wasn...." My voice betrayed me when his hand raked along my exposed back, which I covered with my open hairs.
His fingers trailed down along my skin, all the while observing my face closely. His warm breath falling over my face.
The burning sensation of his touch slowly ignited the yearning within me.
I bite my inner lip, in order to hold back from moaning out. He smirked knowing his effect on me. To my dismay, his hand continued to trail up and down slowly along my back, leaving me tense.

"Oh really!?" He asked.I took a deep breath in.My mind had already stopped working to even reply. My legs felt weak and I took a hold of his shirt fabric around his neck. If he continued his torture, I sure will lose myself.