Chapter 1 - The Invitation

・゚✧I solemnly swear that I am up to no good・゚✧

{Y/N's POV}

There's a knock at the door as Tom and I peeked our noses out of our books. Our "lovely" caretaker, Ms. Feathers, and an unfamiliar elderly man stood in front of us. We ignored them and went back to reading our heavy books. Ms. Feathers cleared her throat and gave us the evil eye.

"Y/N, Tom, I'd like you to meet Mr. Dumbledore," she said, fiddling her fingers almost nervously.

Tom shut his book, annoyed about having to be interrupted. I shut my book to be polite.

"Well, then. I'll leave you three for some time to talk," Ms. Feathers said, breaking the silence. She walked out the door but stopped and gave Tom and me the look that said, behave. Once her footsteps could no longer be heard, Mr. Dumbledore spoke.

"I have heard some very interesting things about you two," Mr. Dumbledore said.

"You don't know the slightest detail about us yet," Tom said.

Mr. Dumbledore just smiled and leaned in closer. "I know you two have been experiencing some unexplainable things. Something..." He whispered the next word. "...Magical."

Tom began to tap on the book with his finger. Morse code.

-Fishy

-Odd

-Seller overseas?

Tom's theory scared me.

"Mr. Riddle, I do not plan on selling the both of you overseas and I would never," Mr. Dumbledore said.

Tom and I looked at each other. It was surprising since not everyone knew Morse Code like us.

"I must say, you two are extraordinary," Mr. Dumbledore said. "Very intelligent, indeed."

"You're the new doctor aren't you, Mr. Dumbledore," Tom said, suspicious of the man's identity. "You've come to examine us."

"No, I am not a doctor. And I go by Professor."

"Are you here to adopt us then?" I asked, hiding the excitement in my voice. Tom and I were close. We would never agree to be adopted unless we get adopted together.

"No."

My excitement disintegrated and I looked at my feet.

"But..."

I lifted my head again.

"I've come to offer you a better home to live. A home called Hogwarts," he said.

I smiled. "Really?" I asked and looked at Tom. I could tell he still didn't trust Professor Dumbledore. "Come on, Tom. You know we don't belong here," I said.

"You see, Hogwarts is a school of witchcraft and wizardry. It's a school for magical and unique students and I believe you two are capable of magical abilities, right?" he asked.

My eyes widened. "Well... you see, it wasn't Tom's fault. Jeremiah was just being very-"

I was interrupted by Tom. "Being a big arse, that's what."

Professor Dumbledore nodded. "At Hogwarts, we teach you how to control your powers and how to unlock your extraordinary self. I'd like to have you two attend. Do you accept this invitation?" Dumbledore asked.

Even though we were a bit late in the wizarding world of schooling, my ambition to learn more about my magical abilities only grew more as I was already seventeen, which apparently meant I was of age in the wizarding world.

Perhaps it would not be too late to learn a bit of magic.

I looked at Tom. Tom looked at me. We both had one thing in mind.

"Yes."

---

- riddlefiqs