Chapter 41 - Betrayed

{Y/N's POV}

I woke up in Tom and my shared room, but alone. It was dark, but the moonlight shined in. For the first time in what felt like centuries, my skin and hair was clean. I looked as if I hadn't been in Azkaban at all. I let myself relax under the silk viridian green sheets.

(Viridian is literally my favorite color. It's so pretty)

Noris, the house elf, walked in with a fresh new load of towels.

"Oh. Hello, Master, Y/L/N," she said, when she saw me awake.

"Where's Tom?" I asked.

"Master Riddle is occupied at the moment. He asked me to clean you up before he left."

Knowing this, I felt violated.

{A/N's POV}

Peter fiddled with his fingers nervously as he waited for The Dark Lord to appear. Peter has gotten a message from Voldemort earlier that day.

・゚✧flashback・゚✧

Peter took another gulp of his beer. He had recently been under a ton of pressure by the Order. He hadn't even asked for the task. He just couldn't turn it down or else everyone would question him.

"Refill," he told the bartender.

"Are you sure? You've been at this for a few hours now. Don't you have a family?"

Peter sighed.

"My family is too busy trying to survive, so keep the free refills comin'," he said.

The bartender didn't think much about what Peter said, but someone overheard.

Once Peter decided fourth drinks were enough, he reluctantly forced himself out of the bar.

A bright neon green flash illuminated the darkness and flames erupted in a trash bin near by him. Being the curious man he was, he walked to the trash can. He looked inside it and in the burning flames, was an envelope. Oddly, the envelope didn't burn like the rest of the trash, so Peter picked it up and opened it. He read it carefully and his eyes widened when he saw the Dark Lord's mark signed on the bottom.

Peter Pettigrew,

If you want to live, come to the Dark Forest. Don't bring help, or else.

The Dark Lord.

・゚✧end of flashback・゚✧

A bright green flash filled the room for a moment. Standing in front of Peter, was Voldemort.

"My Lord," Peter said and bowed down. "You honor me."

Voldemort (Tom) scoffed.

"Tell me where the Chosen One is and I will spare you," Tom said.

Petter stayed in his position, too intimidated to make a move.

"My Lord, they are hiding at Godric's Hollow."

Before Peter could make another move, Voldemort vanished into thin air, looking for Harry Potter.

{Y/N's POV}

Norris came back after giving me my breakfast.

"So, where's Tom?" I asked again, taking a bite of my breakfast.

"Master Riddle has just left for Godric's Hollow."

I choked on my orange juice and ran out of bed.

"How long ago?" I asked, grabbing my wand and putting on a sweater.

"Half an hour ago."

"Shit! Shot, shot, shit," I cussed at myself.

"Master Riddle has requested for you to stay in bed!" Noris called as I quickly put on shoes.

"I don't give a fuck about what Tom says. I can take care of myself."

(Says the pebble talker)

I closed my eyes and imagined Godric's Hollow's stone streets and tall lamps at night. Imagined the small and cozy house Lily and James were in. I opened my eyes and found myself in the Hollow. In front of me was the Potter Home and I ran inside.

I heard an unfamiliar scream of pain and ran faster.

I ran towards the stairs and saw James... lying dead on the floor. His eyes were wide open and his wand rested inches from his fingertips. I bent down to feel his temperature. His skin had a slight warmth, meaning he died not too long ago. I rushed upstairs, past the corpse and busted inside the bedroom.

On the floor was Severus, hugging Lily. He was crying his heart out. He stroked her hair and his sobbs filled the air. His cries broke my heart even though I wasn't close with him. The cries of Harry Potter drowned Severus' sobbs. I fell on my knees and cried my heart out as well. My body felt numb. I repeated the same thing to myself over and over.

You failed.

---

Anyway, sorry for the short chapter. I was kind of imagining the song "Are You With Me" (slow + bass beat version) as I was reading that last part for some reason.

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

🤎⌛️☕️

3/29/21