Chapter 33 - The Order of The Phoenix

{Y/N's POV}

We all agreed to go to The Grimmauld Place first thing in the morning.

I wondered what Dumbledore wanted to meet up about. Perhaps about the prophecy? I wasn't sure. That man was unpredictable.

"Y/N, you can sleep in here," Lily said and opened the door to a small but comfortable guest room.

"Ok, thank you," I said.

I went inside and just as I was about to close the door, Lily stopped me.

"Listen, Y/N... I know deep down that you still love Tom. Even after what he'd become," Lily said.

I paused but didn't deny it.

"How do you know?"

"Your ring. You still wear it."

I played with my promise ring.

"It's ok," Lily said. "I'm sure deep down he has a soft spot for you as well," Lily reassured.

"We all eventually move on," I said.

There was a moment of silence.

"Yes, we do," Lily said.

"Goodnight, Lil."

"Goodnight, Y/N," she said and went to her shared bedroom with James.

I closed the door and got in the bed. It felt weird being in a different room, but it didn't feel any different since I always slept alone. I never saw Tom sleep anymore. He either slept alone or never did. There was a green flash.

"Finally, I found you," a deep voice said. The voice was smooth as molasses.

I opened my eyes and sat up. It was Tom. He still looked like the handsome man I fell in love with, but his eyes were different. They had a permanent red tint and his skin was pale as if he hadn't seen sunlight his whole life.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered-yelled at Tom. "You're going to wake everyone up!"

"And?" he asked.

"I can't be caught with you. They might think of me as an enemy," I said.

He walked closer to me and sat on the bed by my feet.

"That hurts my feelings, love."

"Why should it? You're never around," I said.

He ignored my question and stared into my eyes. He could be a bit dramatic sometimes.

"What?" I asked.

He smirked. "It's nothing. I just missed you."

"You haven't talked to me for months," I said with an eye roll.

"Come on, don't be sassy. After all, I am your boyfriend," he said, laying down and closing his eyes. He didn't even bother to cover himself with a blanket.

"What are you really doing here?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm bored sitting around at the manor. Especially if I don't have my boyfriend around to keep me company," I said.

"Well why do you think I brought over some friends?" he asked.

"Bellatrix hates me," I said. "We aren't even friends."

He smirked as I rolled my eyes and laid back down to get back to sleep. I faced away from him, not wanting to talk to him anymore.

After a few minutes, I felt Tom get under the blanket and wrap his arms around my waist. He rested his chin on the crook of my neck. I could feel the warmth of his breath down my spine, giving me butterflies.