Chapter 27 - Shopping for The Dark Lord

{Y/N's POV}

There were only three more days until Christmas and I still haven't gotten anything for Tom. Even though he was my boyfriend and I had known him forever, he was still almost IMPOSSIBLE to shop for. I was currently walking around Diagon Alley. I wore a big brown cloak over myself to stay hidden. I had told Tom I was buying some books and told him not to worry.

I came upon a small bookshop. From outside, I could see a few people. I went inside and was welcomed by a warm breeze. I kept my cloak on just in case I bumped into anyone I knew. Tom must have already read about everything he wanted. There wasn't a book he hadn't read before. There was a shelf full of journals and diaries for sale.

I thought about getting Tom a diary because whenever something was going on in my mind, I had to pour my thoughts somewhere else. I figured he'd feel the same.

It could probably become therapeutic for him. I thought.

I scrolled through the shelf. There were some that were enchanted to sparkle. One even had a harp charm that played a soft melody. They were all too fancy for the Tom I knew. At one point I opened one and it blasted a symphony loudly, causing my hood to fall off. Everyone in the shop looked at me.

"My apologies," I said to everyone, blushing from embarrassment.

I put the book back on the shelf and put on my hood.

"Y/N?" I heard a familiar male voice call.

I looked behind me and saw Sirius Black. He wore a thick beige fur coat. He was much more prepared for the weather than I was.

"Sirius? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the orphanage?" he asked, suspicious.

I quickly plotted a lie in my head.

"Oh, I er... um..." It took me a while to phrase out my excuse.

"I'm shopping for the younger children," I said.

"Oh, I see," he said with a nod.

"The muggle world isn't as interesting as this world so I figured why not shop here," I said.

He was still suspicious of me. I could see it in his face.

"How did you get here?" he asked.

"I apparated."

"You did?" He asked.

"Yes, so please don't tell anyone," I begged. "We're not allowed to use magic outside of school."

His suspicion died down and he smiled. "Yeah, of course," he said.

A sigh of relief flowed through me.

"So what brings you to Diagon Alley?" I asked.

Sirius groaned.

"I got homework to do since I've been skipping some classes," he explained.

"Oh. Why have you been skipping? Don't you want to graduate?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I would be nice to graduate so I don't have to worry about anything. Even Peter's getting better grades! Peter!" he exclaimed.

My jaw dropped.

"Wow, you must get to work then," I said. "There are plenty of study books up front if you didn't see them," I suggested.

He raised his eyebrows. "Really? I haven't noticed."

"They're very helpful if you ask me," I said.

"Well then, I best be off. I don't want to drown in homework," he said with a laugh.

I laughed along with him.

"Goodbye, then," I said. "And Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas to you too, Y/L/N," he said and left.

Once he was out of sight, my posture relaxed a bit more. I looked around for another journal/diary. All but one diary was enchanted with charms. This one diary was displayed on the shelf as if it had been waiting for me. I took it and examined it. The spine was thick and strong. The corners didn't bend and the pages were smooth like silk.

It was perfect.

---

Hey, hey, hey. This one's short. I have NO IDEA what to put on the author's note, but don't forget to vote and follow if you want. <3

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag

🤎⌛️☕️

3/20/21