Chapter 4 - First Day

{Y/N's POV}

The first thing I noticed was the timetable on my nightstand. "DADA?" I asked Lily, confused. "Defence against the dark arts," she explained.

"Oh."

I could tell today was going to be a good day. I could smell luck in the air.

"By the way," Lily said. "Classes start in twenty minutes."

I shot the bed like a bullet and quickly ran to the bathroom. I was not going to be late on the first day of school. Especially at a magical school.

・゚✧magical time skip・゚✧

I was practically sprinting in the halls to class. Guess why. Yep, I was late. I got to the door and BUSTED that door open. I opened the door. All of the students, including Tom, looked at me. My cheeks immediately turned red when I saw him staring at me.

"Ms. Y/N, please sit down." Professor Merrythought said in a serious tone.

I nodded and quickly sat in a chair next to Sirius. "You're late, pretty girl," he said. My cheeks turned even redder.

"I'm not late," I said.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, everyone else is just early."

We laughed at my remark and from the corner of my eye, I saw Tom glaring at me. His brows are arched as his eyes meet mine. I looked at him and waved. He gave me a death glare, which made me confused.

・゚✧magical time skip・゚✧

After class, I chased after Tom in the hallway. "Tom! Wait up!" I called. He stopped and turned around.

"What?" He asked, annoyed.

"What's with the behavior?" I asked.

"Sorry?"

I shrugged it off and asked him, "What was that in class?"

"Was what?"

"The death glare."

"Oh, that. Well, we're enemies now."

"What.."

He fixed his posture to stand even straighter--if it were even possible for him, as he always had the most perfect posture--and explained to me, "Slytherins and Gryffindors are not to infiltrate with each other. Surely you should know that?"

"That's blasphemy," I said with a raised brow. "We're friends, whether you like it or not, Tom."

He ignored my statement.

"I'll be going now," he said and left.

So much for a good day.

---

- riddlefiqs.