Chapter 39 - August 30th

{A/N's POV}

It's been two years. With Y/N locked up in Azkaban, Dumbledore had to find a replacement to be Lily and Jame's safe keeper. Dumbledore couldn't keep up with being a safe keeper anymore since he was busy. Even though Dumbledore knew Y/N was locked up, he had no power to free her.

・゚✧The Order of The Phoenix meeting・゚✧

"Where's Y/N?" Sirius asked. "She's been missing for two years!"

Dumbledore sighed.

"I regret to inform you all, but Y/N will no longer be with us."

Molly felt tears form in her eyes.

"She's dead?!" she shouted.

"Worse," Dumbledore said. "She's been locked up in Azkaban for the past years."

Molly's tears were replaced by confusion.

"For what?" she asked. "Y/N would never hurt a fly!"

"She was found to be working for the Dark Lord as his secret Dark Queen," Dumbledore said. "She killed a muggle..."

Sirius was the most shocked compared to anyone else in the room.

Severus wasn't as shocked as everyone, but he had a question.

"So who will be Lily and James' safe keeper?" he asked Dumbledore.

"I've decided for it to be Peter Pettigrew."

Peter perked his ears up.

"Me?"

"Yes. You are close with James, correct?"

"Yes, Headmaster," Peter answered.

"Then it is settled. Let us talk some more in private."

・゚✧at the Burrow・゚✧

"She's innocent!" Molly argued with her husband.

"No she is not. We left her with our children! We put them at risk!" Arthur said, standing up from the couch.

Molly was stubborn and continued arguing.

"Arthur, were you actually there when she apparently 'murdered' someone?" she asked.

"Well, I... you see... no."

"Exactly!" Molly shouted. "Fudge is a fool and is as old as time! He must have been tricked!"

"Tricked?"

"Yes, Y/N is innocent. She even stopped you from stepping on a spider once, remember?"

"Oh, you're right," Arthur said, giving in.

Once they both calmed down, they sat down and Molly spoke again.

"Y/N does love Tom and she would do anything to protect him, like how I would protect you. It's just a big misunderstanding," Molly said.

"Yes, it is."

・゚✧at Godric's Hollow・゚✧

Lily and James listened to the radio. Dumbledore had recently given it to them. It was all they could do now since they were in hiding. James paced around the room for some actual news. Lily cradled her newborn son, Harry, in her arms. She hummed a lullaby to put him to sleep.

"Y/F/N has been locked up for the last two years for the murder of an innocent muggle and had been found to be working with The Dark Lord as his secret Dark Queen..." Lily overheard on the radio.

"Wait- what?" James asked.

Lily's eyes widened and she started crying for her friend. She already knew it was all just a big misunderstanding.