Chapter 16 - The Room of Requirement

{Y/N's POV}

It's been a few days since the incident. I haven't been able to focus on my classes well since I've been trying to find out what Tom was up to. I only knew a part of his plan. I only knew he was going to eliminate the muggles and half-borns. What I didn't know was why. What was the goal? Not knowing why made me insane. It was all I could think about. It drove me mad. I think he enjoyed seeing me struggle to solve him.

But, In the meantime, I was doing my best to avoid Tom at any cost.

I was distracted by overhearing some Hufflepuff girls talk about something.

"Did you hear about the Yule Ball?" a blonde said.

"It's supposed to be in December," said the blondes' friend.

"I know! I hope Tom asks me to go with him," the blonde said, getting my full attention.

"He's so dreamy!"

They both laughed in excitement and walked away.

I rolled my eyes.

He's probably gonna go with one of his Slytherin followers. I thought.

・゚✧magical time skip・゚✧

After all my classes were over I headed to the common room but stopped in the hallway. I saw Molly comforting a crying Lily. I went over to them, concerned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Molly looked up at me. "Severus called her a mudblood."

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a rude meaning for non-pure bloods," Lily said through her sniffs.

"And why would he call you that?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Because he said I keep hanging out with James! He said that we're getting too close," Lily explained hysterically.

I felt my blood boil. Another thing added to my worrying list.

I hugged Lily.

"It's ok," I said. "Maybe he didn't mean it."

"I already told him I don't want to see him again," she said.

"Do you, really?" I asked.

Lily nodded. "If I can't make other friends, then he's just being too possessive and selfish," she said.

"But do you still care about him?"

Lily thought about it. "No," she said angrily.

"Good."

Molly looked at me with confusion. "How's that good?"

"Because if you don't care about someone, why should you care about what they say?" I asked. "Unless you still care for him."

Lily thought about what I said. "You're right," she said and sniffed.

"Feel better?" I asked.

Lily nodded and I hugged her again. I decided to change the subject.

"Did you guys hear about the Yule Ball coming up in two weeks?" I asked.

They both nodded.

"And have you decided who you're going with?" I asked.

"I'm going with Arthur, of course!" Molly said, excited.

"I'll go with whoever will ask me," Lily said. "How about you, Y/N?"

"I haven't really thought about it yet."

"Riddle and Black seem to be interested," Molly teased.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. "I didn't notice."

"Riddle's looking at you right now," Molly said and pointed behind me.

I looked behind me and saw him looking at me, which I regretted doing so because as soon as we made eye contact, he walked over to us.

"I need to speak with Y/N."

"No, you don't," I said. "Come on, girls. We should-"

I paused when I turned around. My best friends had magically disappeared. Or ran away. I sighed in annoyance.

"Come on," Tom said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"I didn't ask," he said and grabbed my wrist.

His touch made my arm feel fuzzy as if I was being electrified.

"Riddle, stop."

He ignored me, obviously.

"Riddle, let me go!" I said, pulling my arm.

"Are we calling each other by our surnames now?" he asked.

I ignored him, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Eventually, we came to an abrupt stop. He stood in front of a blank empty stone wall.

"Ugh, what are we doing here?" I asked.

"You want to know what I'm up to right?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Then shut up and stop making such a fuss."

Rude.

To my surprise and Tom's amusement, a tall and broad door slowly appeared in the wall. Even after discovering magic over the past few months, I would never grow tired of the surprises.

"Come on," Tom said and dragged me inside.

I reluctantly went inside without making a fuss since I wanted to find out what he was up to. Inside the room was a bunch of furniture, wooden chests, old and broken inventions, requirements of supplies. It was like an attic.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Well, I call it the come-and-go-room."

"You suck at labeling," I said.

"Do you have a better name?"

Without hesitating, I said, "The Room of Requirement."

He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you say."

His grip on my wrist loosened and he let go. I followed him to the back of the room. There was a space in the middle of the room. Green couches rested around a fireplace and full bookshelves stood against the wall.

I assumed he enchanted the room and did some cleaning.

"Is this where you and your cult come to hang out?" I asked.

"It's not a cult."

"What is it then?"

He sighed and said, "If you sit down and listen for once, you'll find out."

I made myself comfortable on one of the couches.

"Ok, now explain," I said.

---

Oop- Since you've made it this far, don't forget to follow and vote! (Also because I'm currently very underrated in the Fanfiction Community.) I have a secret I want to tell you guys. I think you guys would want to hear it.

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag

🤎⌛️☕️

3/16/21