Chapter 8 - The Cloak of Invisibility

{Y/N's POV}

Since it was a Saturday, Lilly, Molly, and I hung out in the Gryffindor common room.

"So how's your boyfriend?" Lily asked Molly.

"Wait, Molly has a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yes, and his name is Arthur Weasley. He's the orange-haired Gryffindor," Lily explained.

"Aw, you two make such a cute couple," I said.

Molly blushed and Lily and I laughed.

"When did he ask?" I asked.

"He asked in Potions," Lily said. "It was so romantic!" Lily said, overdramatically.

"It was typical," Molly said. "Nothing juicy."

"Speaking of Potions," I said. "I was invited to Slughorn's club. There's a dinner meeting tomorrow night," I said.

Lily and Molly looked surprised and excited for me.

"Wow, really? It's rare for Slughorn to invite students to his club," Molly said.

"Yes, Severus is in it too," Lily added.

I wasn't surprised since he seems intelligent and kind.

"What are you going to wear?" Lily asked.

"My uniform," I said.

"What? You can't wear the uniform to dinner. It's a sophisticated and fancy dinner," Molly said.

"I don't have anything to wear though," I said.

"I have something you can wear," Lily said. "It'll look perfect on you, I imagine."

I smiled. "What would I do without you two?" I asked.

"You'd probably be drowning in homework, I believe," Molly said and we laughed.

"BOO!" a loud voice said and scared Lily and Molly. I didn't react since I was lost in my thoughts. James appeared out of nowhere. Half his body was gone, revealing only his head

How is he doing that? I wondered.

"JAMES!" Lily yelled, pissed. "I am done with you! You are such a-" Instead of cursing, she started to hit him with the pillow on her lap.

"Ow, ow, ow!" James cried as she hit him, full-on attack mode.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" he said.

Lily stopped. "Give it to me," she said.

James took off the cloak that was wrapped around him. The cloak didn't appear until he took it off. I was impressed by it. Potter reluctantly handed the cloak to Lily. "Fine, but be careful with it. It's been in my family for a long time," he said.

"If you behave, I'll try not to burn it," Lily said.

I couldn't tell if she was joking or not. James nodded and left to go talk to his group of friends. I looked over at his group of friends. I saw Sirius and he gave me a charming smile that came with butterflies. I waved at him and he waved back.

I felt my ears redden even as he walked off with a smile on his face.

"Looks like someone's in love," Lily teased.

"Oh, shut up," I said, laughing.

But, I couldn't help but wonder as well.

---

- riddlefiqs