Chapter 49 - The Ending

{Y/N's POV}

It's been two years since The Battle of Hogwarts. It took me a year and a half to slowly heal. During that one and a half year, I decided to leave the Wizarding and Witchcraft World.

Molly, Harry, and I would still Owl each other. Occasionally, I would visit. I had started a muggle life in a muggle country. In a completely normal world, oblivious to the knowledge of magic.

I was now married happily to my husband. He had given up a lot to help me and I loved him with all my heart. We understood each other.

I was with a child and was expecting soon too. Life was perfect. New technology was being introduced and it took my husband and me some time to figure out, like the television and payphone.

Currently, I had to wait for my husband to get home from work so I could go get an appointment. I stared at my promise ring, lost in my thoughts. I still thought about Tom. As a matter of fact, I thought about him all the time and cried when I felt the loneliest without him.

"Love, come on! We're gonna be late!" my husband called.

I got up from the rocking chair and went down the stairs.

"Gosh, I feel like an elephant," I said to my husband.

"But you're still the most beautiful woman in any world," he said.

I laughed, flattered.

"Thank you, Tommy," I said. "Now, hurry, before we're late."

He laughed.

"We won't be late," Tom said. "I'll make sure of it."

"You better not speed again. We'll get in trouble," I warned.

"Don't worry, I won't"

Yep, life was perfect.

・゚✧flashback to a few months ago・゚✧

I stared outside my window, looking down at the streets of (Any city you want).

I heard a knock at the door and got up, expecting it to be my therapist.

"You're pretty early. It's only-"

I stopped when I saw who it was. My eyes met a familiar pair of green eyes with a splash of gold. This time, no red flash.

"Tom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Hello, love."

I was lost for words. It was probably just one of my hallucinations. I stared at him, thinking he would vanish like always.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"You're not real," I whispered, backing away.

He laughed at what I said and walked in, closing the door behind him. He walked slowly to me.

Out of the blue, his lips met mines. My eyes widened and a familiar feeling flooded my body: Love.

I knew it wasn't a dream because if it was, I would've woken up at that point.

"Are you still sure I'm not real?" he asked.

I pulled him in for a hug and cried.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"Well, you're not dead, right?" he asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion, sniffing.

He cupped my cheek and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"If my Horcruxes were dead, I would be as well," Tom said. "When Harry defeated me, he only killed a part of me. He killed Voldemort. If you hadn't woken up, I wouldn't be standing here."

"You're confusing me, Tom," I said, sniffing.

"My point is, I'm sorry I've been leaving you so many times," he said. "And I love you."

My heart skipped a beat hearing those words.

"I love you too," I said and our lips locked.

He broke the kiss and asked me something.

"Do you want to start the family you always wanted?"

---

Sorry if you're disappointed about the ending. I hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. It's only... (hold on, let me count) 150 pages in Google Docs. Love you guys! Get ready for the next book I'll be publishing! Follow me to stay updated. Subscribe to my YouTube channel (link under bio) and follow my Instagram for more updates (link under bio). <3

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

🤎⌛️☕️

4/2/21

・゚✧mischief managed・゚✧