Chapter 7 - The Restricted Section

{Y/N's POV}

I went to the library for my small amount of free time. I wanted to look up a book on Astronomy because it was one of my favorite subjects to learn about.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find books on Astronomy?" I asked the librarian. She wore a floral green buttoned-up shirt and a black knee-length skirt.

"Ah, Astronomy. It's rare for students to like that subject, so there is a whole shelf all the way in the back by the restricted section," she said.

"Restricted section?" I asked.

"The books and scrolls that are restricted for students, unless granted permission by a teacher, they can look in the section," she said.

"Oh," I said, understanding. "Thank you."

"Your welcome, dearie."

I walked to the last shelf of the library and scrolled for a book. Specifically one about theories. Once I gave up searching for the book I wanted, (which took around fifteen minutes) so I left the section, but something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. Something I didn't notice when I came in. The restricted area gate was unlocked and slightly open.

Curiosity killed the cat and I went inside. The lighting was dimmer in the restricted area as if I had stepped into a different library. Everything was dusty and needed to be cleaned. The only source of light was the sun beaming in from a small window. I heard footsteps ahead of me and walked towards it. I figured it was a dumb thing to do, but my curiosity couldn't help it. It became darker and I suddenly bumped into someone. The bump wasn't strong enough to make me fall, though.

I examined the person and saw it was Tom. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. I noticed that he held a heavy book.

"I saw the gate was slightly open so I came to inspect," I answered. "Now, what's your excuse?

"I was looking for a book."

"About?"

"Has anyone ever told you you're very nosy?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you need permission to be back here?" I asked him back.

"I guess we're both in big trouble then," he said.

I paused.

"Fine. As long as you tell me what you were doing, we can forget this all ever happened," I said.

He nodded. "I was looking for a book, but there wasn't anything about it in the non-restricted area," he said.

"What's it about?" I asked.

"Horcruxes."

I knew what it was. Tom and I heard about it somewhere in Diagon Alley between two shady men when Dumbledore was helping us look for school supplies.

"It's just out of curiosity, truly," he said.

I still didn't believe him though, but I said, "Ok. Let's get out of here before we get caught."

He nodded and put down the book he was holding. We both quickly left the restricted section and went our ways.

---

What's your favorite drink? Mine is water. <3

- riddlefiqs