Chapter 37 - April 1st

{Y/N's POV}

It's been three and a half months since Lily and James went into hiding. I sat alone on my bed, playing with my promise ring. The incident at the Riddle Manor kept on replaying in my head and kept me up at night. Tom also kept on suspecting me for something, but I continued to lie to him.

I heard footsteps and looked up. It was Tom.

"Hey, Y/N," he said.

"Hey, Tommy."

He stared at me from the door.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just look beautiful."

A light pink shade painted my cheeks.

"Thanks."

"Are we ok?" he asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, of course, we are," I said, lifelessly.

"Ok," he said and turned around to leave.

"Actually," I said, stopping him. "We're not."

"Why not?"

"Isn't taking over the world boring?" I asked. "The prophecy said you will get defeated by the Chosen One. Just stop before you get yourself killed."

He looked at me angrily.

"You don't believe that, do you?" he asked.

I didn't say anything.

"Answer me!" he shouted, making me flinch.

"Yes, I do believe it," I said, looking him in the eye.

"Are you saying you don't trust me?" he asked me.

"I'm just saying, I don't want you to die by trying to take revenge against the world!" I yelled. "What happens if you fail?!"

He walked over to me and grabbed my chin.

"I can't die," he said. "And I never fail," he whispered softly, stroking my jaw. He leaned in closer to my face. Just as our lips were about to meet, he pulled away and smirked.

"Now, go do something useful like killing some muggles or something," he said and walked away.

I sighed in anger.

"You're such a jerk," I said.

He turned around again to scold me, but I apparated away.

I found myself in front of the Burrow. I knocked on the door reluctantly. After a few moments, Arthur opened the door. His wand was pointing at me.

"Hey," I said.

"Oh, Hello, Y/N. We weren't expecting you," he said and put his wand down. "One can never be too careful during these times."

I nodded in agreement.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yes, of course," he said and let me in.

I walked inside the home for the first time in months.

"Y/N?" I heard Molly say.

"Hey, Molly."

"Oh, Godric! I thought you were dead!" she said and hugged me.

I hugged her back.

"How are Lily and James?" she asked.

"They're still safe, don't worry," I reassured.

"Oh, thank Godric," she said, putting a hand over her chest.

"How are you?" I asked. "Your baby should be here any day now!" I said.

"Oh, I'm..." she paused.

"What wrong?" I asked.

"I think my water broke," she said, looking panicked.

"Oh, fvck."

"Arthur!" Molly shouted.

He ran into the room.

"What's going on?" he asked, panicked.

"Molly's water broke!" I exclaimed.

His eyes widened and he froze.

"Arthur!!!" Molly shouted. "Do something! Don't just stand there!!"

"Right, right, right," he said and grabbed a bag. "Come on, let's get you to a hospital."

"Y/N, please watch Charlie and Bill! We'll be back!" Arthur said. "Percy is with my parents, by the way!"

"Ok, sure thing," I said.

"Bye bye, mommy!" Bill said.

Charlie woke up from all the chaos and looked around like he had amnesia.

Arthur carefully rushed Molly into the passenger seat and ran to the drivers' seat. He quickly turned on the engine and the lights flickered on.

I shut the door for them and waved goodbye to them as their car flew away.

"You're about to have more brothers," I told Bill and Charlie. They looked at me cluelessly and I laughed.

"Come on, let's go play," I said and they followed me to their playroom.

{???'s POV}

I walked into the black forest, gripping my wand. I was looking for a group of people. Specifically, snatchers. I came upon a graveyard. The slabs were all knocked over. The only thing left standing was a large stone statue of an angel. I smirked and pointed my wand at it.

"Bombardo," I simply said and from the tip of my wand, a bright flash came out and the statue exploded into smithereens.

"Bravo," a voice behind me said.

I turned around and saw Fenrir Greyback applauding.

"Thank you," I said. "Now listen up, if you don't do what I want, you're going to end up like that statue."

"Oh, come on, Bella. Don't be like that," he said, walking closer to me.

(Yes, this is Bella's POV)

"I have a task for you," I said. "And your snatchers."

"It's just me," he said.

"Nice try," I said. "Homenum Revelio."

Around me, men started appearing in the graveyard.

I smirked at Fenrir.

"Did your master send you?" he asked.

"No. This is a personal task," I said, playing with my wand.

"And what if I don't want to help you?" he asked.

I pointed my wand at a snatcher and blasted him with a spell.

"Avada Kedavra!" I shouted.

All the men flinched.

"That," I said, answering him.

"What do we get in return?" he questioned.

"I will mention your acquaintances to the Dark Lord and he will spare you," I said. "Perhaps you could even take his place."

Greyback smiled, showing his rotten teeth.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?"

I smiled with satisfaction and said,

"Kill Y/F/N."

---

I'm in love with the song "Talking to The Moon" by Bruno Mars, "Stuck With You" by Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, and "Snowman" by Sia. <3 Don't forget to vote and follow if you want. What was the last song you listened to on repeat?

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

🤎⌛️☕️

3/27/21