Chapter 9 - Run

{Y/N's POV}

I was panting from all the running. My heart was racing and sweat dripped down my face. I hid behind the pillar and held my breath hoping the monster wouldn't find me.

"Find her," I heard a familiar voice say. My mind couldn't make out the face that I was trying to find. The owner of the deep smooth voice was distantly familiar, but all I could focus on was to survive.

Once the hissing was far enough, I ran. I ran for my life. I ran for my future. I ran until my legs gave up and I stumbled. Tears of fear dared to escape me. I heard a hissing closely behind me and turned around. My eyes locked with the beasts' vibrant yellow eyes and there was a blood-chilling scream, but it wasn't mine. The scream echoed over and over until...

... I woke up. I was sweating and my heart was racing. I shot out of bed and looked around me. Lily was peacefully asleep. I looked at Molly. She was in a funky position. Her head was hanging off the bed and she was snoring loudly, peacefully asleep. I chuckled at my friend's silliness and got up to fix her position otherwise, she would be very sore the next morning. I covered her up with her blanket and kissed her forehead. I checked the time.

Checking the time, I realise it's only five in the morning.

I didn't feel like going back to sleep so I got up, grabbed a book, and went to the common room. On the couch, I saw Sirius sitting and lost in his thoughts.

"Sirius?"

He snapped back to reality. "Oh, Y/N. What are you doing up this early?" he asked curiously.

"I couldn't sleep. How 'bout you?" I asked.

"I couldn't sleep as well," he said. "Maybe I'm too tired to fall asleep."

"I could bore you to sleep," I said.

"And how could you possibly do that?" he asked.

"I could read to you."

"Good thinking."

"Thanks."

I went over to him and sat next to him. I opened my book and started reading from the first chapter.

"What book is it?" Sirius asked.

"It's called, The Fault In Our Stars," I said. "It's a Muggle Book."

"I don't mind."

I nodded and continued reading. Sirius comfortably laid his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes.

Feeling his weight on my shoulder made my face flush pink as I continued to read to him. I could tell he was still awake because a few minutes later, he began to snore slight, making me grin.

---

- riddlefiqs