Chapter 48 - A Great Loss

{Y/N's POV}

I woke up on a bed. Everything was white and made of pure light. A large wooden door stood in the center of the room. I realized it was the same door from Tom's old dormitory. The room kind of looked like the Hogwarts Hospital Wing, for some reason. I examined myself. Oddly, my scars were gone and I was clean.

"What the heck?" I said out loud.

"Mornin', Pretty Girl," a familiar voice said.

I looked to my right and saw two people. The two people I missed the most in the world: Sirius Black and Lily Potter.

"Sirius? Lily?" I asked, tears already forming.

"Hello, old friend," Lily said.

They walked closer to me and I jumped out of the bed, running to them. I pulled them in for a big hug. Tears were now running down my face like a waterfall.

"I've missed you guys," I said, not breaking the hug.

"We've missed you too, Pretty Girl."

I broke the hug, holding their hands.

"Am I dead?" I asked. "Is this Heaven?"

"No," Lily said, answering both questions.

"Where am I then?" I asked.

"Think of it like a bus stop," Sirius said.

"I'm even more confused now," I said.

"Y/N, this is where you choose whether you want to move on or not," Lily said.

"It is? I don't even know I get to choose," I said, sobbing.

"Of course you do," Sirius said. "You were willing to sacrifice yourself for a good cause."

"You're a hero," Lily said.

Overwhelming tears streamed down my cheeks.

"But I'm no hero," I said. "I killed people. I helped Tom become who he is!"

"Y/N," Lily said. "Being a hero is doing what it takes to help others even if they're risking everything."

"You deserve a gold metal," Sirius said.

I laughed slightly.

"There's that beautiful smile," he said.

I wiped my tears that rushed down.

"You were right about Tom," Lily said. "He does love you and you broke a piece of him."

"But what happens if I go back?" I asked.

"You move on in life," Sirius said.

"You can start the family you wanted," Lily said.

"It's probably a little too late for that," I said.

"It's never too late," Lily told me.

I sniffed and thought about what she said.

"So how do I get back?"

・゚✧

{A/N's POV}

Neville stared at Y/N with tears in his eyes. He felt like a failure. The Sword of Godric Gryffindor laid beside her corpse and

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," he said, sobbing.

Voldemort and Harry blasted one last spell at each other. A gust of wind howled and blew harshly. Students, professors, and the Ministry watched the battle, afraid of what would happen next. Molly buried her head in Arthur's chest when she saw the body of her baby boy and last friend.

Suddenly, Y/N gasped, coughing for air.

Neville's eyes widened at the sight of Y/N getting up. She looked around frantically and tried to adjust her eyes. Blood painted her skin and stained her clothes. Dust littered in her hair and her stomach had a big, open, bloody, cut. She had trouble getting up due to her injuries, but managed with it, anyway.

Molly gasped when she saw Y/N get up. The Order stared at her in disbelief as Y/N ran to Voldemort.

She forced herself with each step.

"Tom!" she shouted, trying to get his attention. "Don't do this!"

Voldemort's stare broke from Harry's and looked at Y/N in confusion.

Was it just a trick? He thought.

His wand snapped and crackled. His eyes widened and a bright red flash hit him.

"NO!!" Y/N shouted, running to him.

She wrapped her arms around him as his skin flaked.

"No, no, please! I love you so much, Tom. You can't leave me again," she begged.

She looked up into his eyes one last time as he slowly turned into ashes. His ashes drifted in the wind and vanished.

"No!" Y/N cried hysterically as Harry, Hermione, Ron, and everyone else watched her, feeling her loss.

She buried her head on the ground and sobbed with heartache.

Harry walked closer to her and rubbed her back.

Hermione and Ron hugged each other, crying.

Ron cried at the loss of his dear brother.

Hermione cried at the loss of everything.

The ministry, professors, students, let Y/N's painful sobs take over Hogwarts.

---

Wow, only one more chapter left! I hope you guys enjoyed this book. Who else cried when Fred died? Like, TF? How could J.K. Rowling do that to us? I despise her for that (along with many other things).

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

P.S. Fear not, this is not the last chapter.

🤎⌛️☕️

4/2/21