Chapter 5 - New Friends

{Y/N's POV}

I was on my way to lunch with a smile plastered on my face. Although, I was having a hard time since I didn't remember how to get there. I turned around a corner and bumped into some. I fell to the ground from the impact.

"Are you alright?" the person said.

I quickly stood up and my eyes locked with a tall boy. He was wearing a Slytherin uniform. His long raven hair reached above his shoulders. He had pale skin and an apologetic look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I said.

"Oh, thank goodness," he said.

His kindness took me by surprise since Sirius told me Slytherins didn't like Gryffindors. He apologized once again and continued on his way.

I was debating whether I should ask him for help or not. Well, he is your only option. The halls are empty. I quickly went after him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around, not expecting to see me again.

"Um, I was wondering if you could show me the way to the great hall?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm headed there myself," he said. He continued walking but paused when I didn't follow. "Come along," he said.

I quickly followed him and thanked him once we reached the great hall. I saw Molly waving for me to sit over by her and Lily. I sat between them and grabbed a green apple.

"So, I see you've met Lily's boyfriend," Molly said. Lily choked on her pumpkin juice.

"He is not my boyfriend," Lily said.

"I'm sorry, who are we talking about?" I asked in confusion.

"The Slytherin boy who you walked in with," Molly said as if it were obvious.

"Oh. I got lost so he was helping me on my way here," I explained. "He never told me his name though."

"His name is Severus," Lily said. "And he's Lily's lover," Molly added. We laughed and Lily playfully hit Molly.

"What are we laughing about over here?" I heard Sirius say as he sat across from us. Some other three boys sat with him. "Just stuff," Lily said. "Stuff as in looOoVe," I teased.

One of the boys made a disgusted face. "Ugh. What's so jolly about love, anyway? It's BORING," he said.

"Oh, shut up, Peter," Lily said with an eye roll.

"Yeah, as if you would ever know. You've never been in love," a brunette-haired boy said.

The boy known as Peter higher to defend himself. "Then have you ever been in love?" he asked the brunette.

"I am. At this very moment," he said and looked over at Lily dreamily.

Lily rolled her eyes for the second time. There was a long awkward pause.

"Anyway," Sirius said, breaking the silence.

Lily and the brunette jumped at Sirius' loud and unexpected tone.

"I'd like to introduce my friends to Y/N." He pointed to the brunette and said, "This is James Potter." James gave me a small wave and Sirius pointed at Peter. "This is Peter. He's a rat, I say. Very annoying at times." I laughed at what he said. Peter gave Sirius a look that said, you're annoying too, you know. "And this is-" Sirius was interrupted.

"I'm Remus," the boy said. "Remus Lupin." He politely held out his hand for a handshake and I accepted.

We continued to eat and talk about rumors that had been floating in the air.

"Wow, first day and there are already rumors," I said.

"I know, right?" Molly said. "It's probably just the first-years wanting to start something."

"Y/N," Lily said.

"Yeah?"

"Is that Tom staring at you?" she asked and pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw him. He didn't turn away as if he was trying to start a staring contest or something. I smiled at him and he finally turned away.

---

- riddlefiqs