Chapter 3 - Marauders Map

{Y/N's POV}

Sirius walked beside me as we were following the Gryffindor prefect. The walls were decorated with portraits. There was actually life in the portraits. Some greeted us as we passed by.

He had curly dark hair and eyes that opposed his charisma as he walked with a bounce in his foot, along side with three other boys I had yet to meet.

"How old are you?" Sirius asked me, inspecting me up and down. "It's not everyday we get a new student older than a first year."

"I'm seventeen," I said, "Professor Dumbledore made some arrangements with Headmaster Dippet to excuse me for exams because of my muggle exams that I passed just fine."

"You're not escaping NEWTS though," Sirius warned with a twinkle in his eye.

We eventually came to a stop in front of a huge portrait. There was a large woman dressed in cream-colored robes inside the portrait.

"Banana fritters!" The school prefect said. "Banana fritters?" I asked Sirius.

"It's this year's password to get into the Gryffindor dormitory," he explained.

"Ohh."

The large portrait opened inward like a door and we all went inside.

I gasped at how beautiful the room looked. It was the fanciest room I had ever seen. Everything was elegant and clean. A red couch rested in front of the warm fireplace. Velvet red curtains draped down from the glass windows and on each side of the rooms, some stairs went up. I assumed it was probably stairs that led to the dormitories. The shades of red blended the room beautifully together.

"This is the common room," Sirius said, holding his arm out

"By the way, since this is your first year here and you're sixteen and you're still considered a seventh-year student, you'll most likely be sharing a room with the brighter students, like Lily,"

"Who's Lily?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I nodded and we separated to go to our rooms. Once I stepped into the room, I could smell the countryside. There were two girls around my age sitting on a bed chatting. One of them was a redhead and wore floral white pajamas. The other girl had straight orange hair and wore the Gryffindor uniform. The orange-haired girl noticed me and got off the bed. She ran over to me and embraced me in a big hug. "Hi! It's just been a while since we had a new roommate, sorry," she said and chuckled, pulling away.

"It's ok, I don't mind," I said.

"I'm Lily Evans and she is Molly Prewett," she said pointing to the redhead.

"Hi, I'm Y/F/N," I said.

"Hope you don't mind the smell. I enchanted it to smell like home," Molly said.

"It smells lovely," I reassured.

"Oh, thank goodness."

"Come join us!" Lily said.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"We're spying on people," Molly whispered-yelled.

"What? How?" I asked, curious.

Molly signaled for me to go sit down next to her. She was holding a blank brochure.

"It's blank," I said.

"Oops, my bad. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

To my amazement, lines black ink started to appear on the brochure. I soon realized it wasn't a brochure, but a map.

"What's that?" I asked, amazed.

"It's a marauders map," Lily said.

"It's a magical document that reveals all of Hogwarts. You just think of a person and the map will show you where they are in the school. When you're done with it, you just say mischief managed." Molly explained. The ink on the paper started to disappear. It was now just a blank document.

"Wow." Saying I was amazed would be an understatement. "Come on! Let's see if anyone is sneaking out right now!" Molly said. I laughed and joined them.

They might have thought it was for fun, but I thought it could come in handy one day.

---

- riddlefiqs