two

season 12, episode 3 - i choose you

ALLISON MOVED BACK INSIDE THE APARTMENT, which caused Jackson to sleep on the couch for a week

ALLISON MOVED BACK INSIDE THE APARTMENT, which caused Jackson to sleep on the couch for a week. Jackson was tired of it, which is why he decided he was going to book Allison a room at a hotel. Allison had a laid back day, Amelia taking most of the surgeries for the day. Meredith caught a glimpse of Allison walking down the hallway which caused her to catch up to her. "Hey, you're a department head. Will you take a look at this contract for me and tell me if anything looks weird to you."

"Okay." Allison nodded, taking hold of Meredith's contract since Bailey had made her Chief of General surgery. Allison furrowed her brows before un-furrowing them causing Meredith to slap the nurse's station counter.

"There it is—the face." She pointed, which made Allison place the paper down.

"What face?"

"Maggie made a face, and now you're making a face." Meredith pointed out, "What is it about my contract that makes people make that face?"

"They're robbing you because I make a lot more than you." Allison tightly smiled at Meredith giving the contract back to her and walked away. "I have a consultation."

Meredith called out to her as she followed her, "How much are we talking?"

"Bye, Mer."

***

Later that night, Allison cooked dinner while Jackson walked inside the house with a bag of food for himself thinking Allison would be out of the house. At the sigh of her he sighed, "Why are you doing that?"

"Because people eat dinner."

"Not people who are moving out." Jackson retorted, "Allison, you're supposed to be packing."

"I told you, I'm not going anywhere. If you want to trade nights on the couch, we can do that but I'm not leaving my home."

"It's my home. It's my—" Jackson sighed, cutting himself off, "I hate that you are forcing me to say this stuff. It's my name on the lease. It's my place, you moved in, and you moved out."

"I didn't move out. I went away and I came back." Allison said, turning her attention to Jackson, "I'm sorry that I wasn't here for you, and we had space and I had my grieving bubble but—"

"I just wanted to have my burrito, on my couch and then go to sleep." Jackson interrupted her, pointing to the bag he brought home. Allison was about to speak up but he beat her to it, "I feel like a hostage, but like a reverse hostage where the kidnapper just follows me everywhere and won't leave my damn house."

Allison bitterly chuckled, "You know what they call that? Marriage and it gets hard but you fight for it, if it's what you truly want and that's what I want so I'm fighting."