fifty-two

season 16, episode 20 - sing it again
season 16, episode 21 - put on a happy face

season 16, episode 20 - sing it againseason 16, episode 21 - put on a happy face

RICHARD WEBBER WAS ADMITTED TO GREY SLOAN. During the conference he, Teddy, Hayes and Maggie had gone to attend in Los Angeles, Richard was hallucinating and he was rambling during his conference which brought them to their attention that something was wrong with him. Catherine had gone to Los Angeles to go and pick up Richard and Maggie while the foundation's PR team were trying to minimize the publicity of what had happen including the videos and the memes that were being created. Allison took a breath as she entered the room where the rest of the attendings were tying to find a diagnosis for Richard.

"We got a 65-year-old male suffering from memory lapses, tremors, depression and mood swings, and erratic behavior." Bailey announced as soon as everyone she had paged was in the room, she breathed in and exhaled, "Yes I am talking about Richard Webber but today he is not the Richard Webber you know and love. He is our number one patient. Two days ago he suffered a public episode at a medical conference. Patient history includes an appendectomy, a hip replacement, surgery for a brain tumor pressing on his optic nerve. He was also electrocuted several years ago which led to surgery for a pancreatic pseudocyst."

Allison stared up at the board noticing the possible diagnosis that they had written. Allison raised her hand as she looked at the people in front of her, "Have you guys ruled out any of those?"

"We have already ruled out some." Bailey pointed to the other white board beside her, "This, we still need to."

"We'll run all the labs and we'll do blood cultures, vitamin levels, check the thyroid function and we'll check the urine for heavy metals." Meredith included, holding a notebook that contained the information for them.

Maggie sighed and turned to look at the doctors, "Prepare yourselves, he's not himself."

Helm nodded her head, "We saw the video."

Which earned a glare from Catherine. Bailey continued, "Unless you are called for something emergent this is your job today."

Tom raised his hand, "Hi, Tom Koracick, Neuro. I know we don't want to think it but have we ruled out dementia?"

"No we have not." Maggie answered, knowing no one wanted to answer because they hadn't thought of that.

"Get a PET scan, throw in a beta-amyloid tracer, and look for Alzheimer's."

"It's not Alzeimer's." Meredith denied.

"Everything is on the table. Nothing is out of the question." Bailey announced as she dismissed them, "Let's get to work."

***

Allison and the rest of the other doctors were inside Richard's room, where he was rolled inside since he was sitting on a wheelchair. Allison noticed her husband from a far, although he wasn't wearing scrubs he was wearing a firefighter medical suit causing her to raise her eyebrows. She had also noticed the attitude Richard was giving to the nurses and the doctors, he didn't like the coddling.