thirty-two

season 14, episode 21 - bad reputation

THE MINUTE ALLISON AND JACKSON AVERY stepped out of their car, they took notice of the reporters outside

THE MINUTE ALLISON AND JACKSON AVERY stepped out of their car, they took notice of the reporters outside. The brunette Avery gave her husband a worried look, she didn't want to go out there and have those reporters ask questions to them, especially with their daughter around. She took a deep breath in and out before she got out of the car, opening the side door and grabbing her daughter out of her car seat, Jackson behind her. He interlaced their hands together as they walked towards the hospital's entrance.

"Excuse me, Dr. Avery!" One of the reporters called out to the doctors. At that moment, Jackson had wished he wasn't known as Harper Avery's grandson. "Can you respond to this morning's harassment allegations by a radiologist in Phoenix."

"How does it feel like to work under a hospital owned by an alleged sexual predator?'

Allison and Jackson continued to walk, ignoring the questions, microphones being shoved up to them and ignoring the cameras that were rolling, recording them. "Is this your wife? Mrs. Avery, how does it feel to take the last name of a sexual predator?"

Allison covered her daughter's face with her hand, seeing as the flashes of some cameras could potentially hurt Delilah's eyes. She handed her daughter over to Jackson before they continued to walk. She stopped for a moment and looked at the reporter, "It's Dr. Avery to you."

"If you could excuse us."

***

After dropping off her daughter at daycare and changing into her scrubs, Allison walked over to the conference room where she took notice of her mother-in-law with a paper in her hands, before her eyes wandered over to the three awards beside her. Seconds later, Jackson walked inside the room being paged by his mother.

Catherine began, "I want you guys to meet—"

"Erin Mason, crisis management." She introduced herself, holding out her hand for the both of them to shake. Once they did, her eyes wandered over to Jackson, "You're both the people I was looking for, and they are sure camera friendly, that doesn't hurt us—the ideal couple."

"What's going on?" Allison frowned her eyebrows in confusion as she and Jackson walked further inside the room. "I thought we were going to handle this together."

"Dr. Avery, if I had an aggressive cancer, would you recommend I operate on myself or hire a professional?"

Allison gave the woman a pointed look as Catherine spoke to the both of them, "This is what Erin does. Let's hear her out."

"That lawsuit was brought by thirteen women—fourteen including yourself Dr. Avery who signed and then violated their NDA's? It's the tip of the iceberg." Erin spoke as Allison and Jackson turned around to face the white board who had fourteen names up there, each and every single one was a victim, "This is a developing situation, and it's getting worse by the minute."