fifty-one

season 16, episode 18 - give a little bit

SINCE ALEX KAREV LEFT EVERYONE has felt his absence

SINCE ALEX KAREV LEFT EVERYONE has felt his absence. It's been a week and Jo has been in bed for the past few days and Allison was busy with the twins but she did miss his visits and she did miss waffle sundays. The brunette neurosurgeon dropped off her kids at daycare alongside her husband before the two went their separate ways so they could start their day. Allison managed her way towards the ER since she was being paged by Teddy Altman, the brunette made her way over there bumping into Hailey Adams.

The brunette hasn't seen her co-worker ever since they went to go cut Link's haircut and from her understanding they were flirting and had gone on a date and the next thing she knows was that Link is the father of Amelia's baby. Ever since then she hasn't seen the blonde.

"Hailey, I am so sorry." Allison told her after the two of them bumped into one another causing the blonde to drop her coffee on the floor. The brunette immediately lowered herself down but she quickly got up when she realized she didn't have napkins.

Hailey chuckled at the action, "It's okay."

"Hey where have you been these couple of months? You just disappeared after the Cece case." Allison asked. She was curious but she also didn't want to intrude into her personal life and she didn't want Hailey to think she was a gossip. "Of course you don't have to tell me anything."

"I went back home to New York." Hailey informed her, "I put my notice for a leave for a couple months and now I'm back."

"Well I hope everything is okay." Allison gave her a small smile, "Well I have to go Teddy is paging neuro, is that were you heading?"

"Uh no. Dr. Grey paged me. We should catch up sometime." She told her but the blonde surgeon immediately got nervous cause she wasn't sure where she stood with her co-worker. She had thought the last time she got invited was out of pity. When she came back from New York she knew things weren't going to be the same, it never was. Allison already gave birth to twins, Alex Karev left his wife and isn't coming back and apparently Link is going to be a father to Amelia's baby. She missed a lot. "Well if you want to of course–"

"Of course I would love to." Allison smiled she chuckled at how nervous the blonde was in front of her. "I'll text you? Or you text me, either one works but I better get a message, Adams!"

Hailey didn't have time to tell Allison anything because her phone kept ringing indicating she was getting paged so the brunette Avery rushed towards the ER. Allison made herself towards the nurses station and stopped in front of Teddy.

Teddy handed her a tablet with all the patient information as she began to infrom Allison, "36 year old male. He's a marine. He has severe PTSD and a probable TBI. He held a entire store hostage with a grenade trying to blow himself up and the VA's slammed, so he's hardly had any proper care."

Allison sighed, as she looked down at the tablet "Of course he hasn't."

"And I noticed strange involuntary movements and intermittent loss of awareness." Teddy paused, "I'm thinking maybe a complex partial seizure?"