thirty-six

season 15, episode 2 - broken together
season 15, episode 3 - gut feeling

THEIR CELEBRATION WAS CUT SHORT DUE TO JACKSON being paged at the hospital

THEIR CELEBRATION WAS CUT SHORT DUE TO JACKSON being paged at the hospital. His patient, Nisha, spiked a fever causing him to drive back to the hospital. Of course he was delighted with the news that his wife was expecting, he knew that both Meredith and Alex knew about it because there was no one else his wife would tell. Allison smiled brightly as she made her way inside her daughter's room, quickly changing her so they could head to the hospital. The brunette was quick to change into her scrubs after dropping off Delilah at daycare. She ran into her husband, who saw her and immediately smiled.

"Hey." Jackson smiled as he put on a yellow trauma gown on and kissed his wife's cheek. "How are you and..."

Jackson's eyes went down her belly causing Allison to smile. She lightly placed her hand on her stomach before dropping it so no one else could see. "We are doing fine, all healthy."

"Dr. Avery, Nisha's cultures are back." Levi popped out his head from the ICU room where Nisha currently laid in a bed as he called out for the plastic surgeon. Jackson turned around and nodded his head before Levi went back inside the room to monitor Nisha.

"I'll see you later?" Jackson looked at his wife.

"We have an appointment later, don't be late, okay?" Allison sternly told him as she took hold of his chin and placed a small kiss on his cheek.

***

Allison got paged to the E.R. due to a couple coming into the emergency room, their kids were with them, unharmed. The neurosurgeon did the check up inside the trauma room, the nurses inside with her. One of the interns showed her the CT causing her to nod her head. The brunette walked out of the trauma room to meet up with the family members of her patient.

"Doug's CT shows a skull fracture with a small bleed underneath it." Allison informed Doug's wife and kids. His wife was in the motorcycle with him as he crashed but she didn't get extensive injuries like her husband. "I'm gonna need to take him to the O.R. and drain it and relieve the pressure."

"He needs brain surgery?" Wynnie, their daughter, walked near the trauma room where her father laid. She folded her arms across her chest, "Actual brain surgery."

"Honestly it could've been a lot worse. Motorcycle accidents without helmets—"

"Honey, maybe you should take Hank to the cafeteria." Their mother told her daughter, pointing to her son.

"I want to stay with you." Hank spoke up looking at his mother.

"Are you crazy? I'm not leaving you two alone again." Wynnie spat, turning around to face her mom.

"Wynnie, I am so sorry, but we'll be okay."

Wynnie shook her head, "No, I had to drive you to the hospital, and I don't even have a license! I'm a terrible driver, we could have all been dead today."