nine

season 12, episode 21 - you're gonna need someone else on your side

ALLISON WALKED INSIDE THE HOSPITAL'S BATHROOM and lifted up her shirt looking at the growing bumb

ALLISON WALKED INSIDE THE HOSPITAL'S BATHROOM and lifted up her shirt looking at the growing bumb. The palm of her hand was pressed against her stomach as she looked down and smiled. All she had to think about was this baby, and how her baby is going to be healthy this time. She had paged Jackson to the attending lounge, even though it wasn't the right setting to tell him, she decided that it was time. She held a small baby onesie shirt that had the words, 'Baby Avery' on them before placing it inside his bag.

Jackson stepped inside the room with furrowed eyebrows looking at his wife standing there, "You paged me?"

"Can you look inside your bag, I think I left something in there." She nervously spoke, as she boiled the coffee pot inside the room.

"Babe, you know you can look for it yourself." Jackson shook his head, making his way towards his bag and rummaged through it before he took out a small onesie shirt. He then looked up at a nervous Allison, who had a smile on her face. "Are you serious?"

Allison nodded, smiling, "We're having a baby."

Before she could blink, Jackson tugged her into his arms as Allison threw her arms around his neck and she let out a giggle when he lifted her up, overjoyed about the news. He gently placed her back down as they celebrated the news. The next thing they knew they were dancing, and humming the words that Allison uttered.

Meredith walked inside, seeing the two of them dance before she joined them, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, "Who died?"

Jackson looked at her as if she were crazy but Allison shook her head knowing that they only dance it out when something bad happens, "Nothing bad happened."

Seconds later Richard, Amelia and Maggie walked inside, Webber was ready to say something but he shrugged it off as the three of them joined them into dancing. Amelia moved around as she looked at everyone, "Why are we dancing?"

Before anyone could answer Alex and April walked inside with furrowed eyebrows as the peds surgeon glanced at their friends as if they were crazy while the redhead joined them. Alex gestured to what they were doing, "What the hell?"

He just stood there looking at them before Jackson glanced at his wife, she nodded. He glanced at everyone before he held up the onesie size shirt. The group read over the text letters on the onesie before letting out squeals of excitement for them. Meredith and Alex were the first to smile making their way to hug Allison and Jackson. The rest of them sent them a 'congratulations' with big smiles. Meredith pulled Allison's hand, as they continued to dance.

***

After the group celebrated the overjoyed news about the upcoming Baby Avery, Allison's smartphone went off, apparently Kyle Diaz was back to the hospital and the neurosurgeon got paged to check up on him. Allison walked inside the room, Andrew DeLuca trailing behind her. She smiled at the patient, "Kyle, good to see you again."