forty-nine

season 16, episode 12 - the last supper
season 16, episode 13 - save the last dance for me

IT WAS CATHERINE AND RICHARD'S WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, and the Avery's were invited to dinner alongside Maggie, who had recently quit being a surgeon due to the death of her cousin

IT WAS CATHERINE AND RICHARD'S WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, and the Avery's were invited to dinner alongside Maggie, who had recently quit being a surgeon due to the death of her cousin. The Avery's were indecisive on going because well the twins have been keeping them busy and Jackson had a feeling not everything was going perfectly with his mother's marriage but regardless Catherine and Richard are family so at the end of the day they knew they would be going. Allison pushed the twin's stroller while Jackson held Delilah who was still in fact in her sleeping mode when they ran into Richard and Catherine.

"Good morning guys." Allison smiled going in to hug her mother in law before going to hug Richard, "Happy Anniversary! Is there anything you want us to bring to dinner?"

"I'm making blackberry cobbler!" Catherine smiled at her son knowing that was one of his favorite foods. She turned to look at her daughter in law, "Just bring my grandbabies and everything will be fine."

Allison smiled and nodded her head as she looked into the stroller finding Christopher wide awake while Greyson was still asleep. "Speaking of grandbabies Chris is awake so I'm going to go feed him."

"See you guys tonight." Jackson nodded his head, sending them a smile before the family walked towards the daycare while Catherine and Richard went their own ways.

***

The day began to end and it was time to head to dinner so Allison had to get the kids ready. Luckily for her Delilah already had a simple dress picked out and she also picked up matching outfits for her twin brothers. Once they were dressed they made it to the car and drove to Richard and Catherine's house where they're going to meet Jackson.

Allison placed one twin on the front of her baby carrier that was strapped on her chest making sure Christopher was secured before turning it around. She picked up Greyson and strapped him on the front of the baby carrier. Christopher was strapped to the back while Greyson was to the front. Delilah got out of her carseat and closed the door before heading towards her mom and taking hold of her hand.

At the sound of the doorbell ringing, Catherine opened the door and smiled at the sight in front of her. She immediately kissed her granddaughter before Delilah made her way to Richard and gave him a hug. Catherine took hold of Christopher and kissed his forehead as she walked with him.

"Come in, Allison." Catherine greeted her as she walked towards the living room. "Dinner should be ready any minute now."

"Where's Jackson? We need to discuss something—"

"Who wants wine?" Catherine asked, interrupting Richard causing Allison to furrow her eyebrows. She felt the tension in the room between them and she knew they were having problems in their marriage, according to Jackson.