forty-two

season 15, episode 15 - we didn't start the fire

THE AVERY'S WERE FINALLY USING THE PENTHOUSE that they bought, at first it was only used one time when Andrew DeLuca was staying before he found his own place

THE AVERY'S WERE FINALLY USING THE PENTHOUSE that they bought, at first it was only used one time when Andrew DeLuca was staying before he found his own place. Allison had already dropped off Delilah to their babysitter earlier so she was helping her husband set up the place. Jackson and his mother had agreed that after she got better and if her surgery was successful they will throw a party for her so that day had finally come. Catherine didn't want anything too fancy or too big so they only invited their friends from the hospital and some other guests who knew about her cancer.

Allison was wearing a tight green dress that made her bump pop out while Jackson was wearing a black shirt dress. She took the candle out of her husband hands seeing how much he was struggling to light it before she poured some wax into the holder as she made the candle stand straight.

"I think you have found every egg roll in Seattle." Allison chuckled as she saw the food on the table. "And it looks nothing too fancy so your mother is gonna love it."

Allison made her way to the bouquet of flowers, fixing the delilah's and lilies making sure everything was perfect for Catherine's arrival. This event was also the first event where Meredith and DeLuca will officially be a couple. Allison of course had no problem that her best friend was dating DeLuca, she loved DeLuca and he was a good fit for Meredith. The most important thing for her was that Meredith was happy.

"She better love it. God knows she gave me enough stipulations. No more than forty people, no foundation people, no photographers. Only the doctors that saved  my life and a few friends, child." Jackson mimicked his mother's voice as he placed the last plate on the table. He finally looked up from what he was doing and smiled at his wife, who did a little twirl for him, it reached all her curved and that baby bump made her look twice as beautiful. He approached her and placed a small kiss on her cheek, "You know, people aren't really gonna be here for a while. So I don't see why we can't..."

Allison chuckled, "There are people working here so they will know."

Jackson kissed her causing Allison to get lost into the kiss. He knew he had her wrapped around his finger, "Well, let them know cause you're coming with me."

***

Time passed and before he knew it, Jackson found himself in front of the door, greeting his first guests at the party while his wife wandered around the penthouse making sure everything was as perfect as it could be. Webber handed Jackson a small pink box with dessert inside it.

Jackson stared at it before he placed it onto the counter beside him, "You know the party's catered, right?"

"Well, it's rude not to bring anything." Webber told him, looking around the penthouse. This was the first official event that the Avery's were hosting in their penthouse ever since the bought it, so for them to be amazed at how spacious it was, was an understatement.