eighteen

season 13, episode 17 - til' i hear it from you

ALLISON WAS OFFICIALLY OFF MATERNITY LEAVE, and she couldn't wait to operate once again

ALLISON WAS OFFICIALLY OFF MATERNITY LEAVE, and she couldn't wait to operate once again. Jackson had taken Delilah up to the daycare center in the hospital, while Allison went to the attendings' lounge to change into her scrubs since she was being paged down to the emergency room. Once she made it to the E.R. she slipped on the yellow trauma gown and tied it around before she slipped on some blue gloves.

Allison made her way outside to the ambulance bay where an ambulance was making their way with a patient. Allison stood next to Stephanie, Owen and Andrew as they all patiently waited.

Owen looked at her and smiled, "Welcome back, Avery."

"Thank you." Allison smiled, "They said one of the patients had syncope so I'm here."

The sirens from the ambulance could be heard before they parked. Allison made her way towards them as Stephanie and Andrew opened the back doors of the ambulance. The paramedic began to inform them about the patient. "Elsie Clatch, ninety-five, fainted while hiking, but now G.C.S. is fifteen, vitals are stable."

"Gently, gently. She's been injured." The man beside her spoke, to which Allison assumed was Elsie's husband. The neurosurgeon made her way towards Elsie, who laid with a neck brace wrapped around her neck.

"Please, Lewis, all this fuss." Elsie spoke, as Allison flashed her pen-light to check her eyes.

"Hiking?" Stephanie asked.

"How do you think I made it to ninety-five?"

Allison nodded, looking at Andrew, "Alert and oriented times three."

Andrew looked at Lewis before glancing back down at his wrist, "Sir, did you injure your wrist?"

Lewis nodded but assured them he was fine. Elsie spoke up, "He fell, too. He wouldn't let go of my hand."

"No reason to take a chance, sir." Owen informed him before nodding to the doctors, "Let's go."

The doctors moved inside the hospital and towards trauma room one. Lewis walked beside them, wanting to be there for his wife as he spoke, "Her syncopal episode lasted at least sixty seconds."

"Oh, it sounds like you've been watching a lot of medical shows, sir." Stephanie chuckled, impressed by how he knows this information.

"He's not gonna like that." Elsie warned Stephanie.

"I'm a cardiothoracic surgeon."

"Don't be pompous. You were a surgeon, so was I." Elsie chuckled, she pointed to the surgeons in the room, "They're surgeons now."

"She'll need a head C.T." Lewis ignored her, informing the doctors who continued to check up on Elsie.

"We'd like to rule out any other injuries." Owen nodded, informing Lewis.