thirty-one

TW - mentions of SA (sexual assault) in this chapter...if you're going through something like this pls speak to a trusted adult and remember it's never your fault and i'm so sorry you've gone through that, you're very brave

season 14, episode 20 - judgement day

THE INNOVATION CONTEST WAS TAKING PLACE inside Grey Sloan Memorial's press conference room

THE INNOVATION CONTEST WAS TAKING PLACE inside Grey Sloan Memorial's press conference room. The room was filled with chairs on both the left and right side while there was a big long table in the middle for the judges to sit down, while the stage had a podium for the presenters. After Jackson's speech about wanting to fight this together, Allison gave in but it didn't mean she was going to forgive him easily. Violet Jones surprisingly agreed to take a DNA test for her daughter, who Allison and Jackson met that morning.

After taking the DNA test all they had to do was wait two days for confirmation whether Jazmine Jones was Jackson's daughter, and if they match then Allison has to find a way to adjust and Violet has to find a way to adjust with having Allison take care of her daughter.

In all reality when Violet revealed that she had a daughter, she had hoped the result would be Allison and Jackson getting a divorce but she should have known that The Avery's problems usually get resolved, one way or another.

Allison went ahead to sit down next to Arizona as she looked down at the cookies, eyeing them. She went ahead and grabbed one, quickly munching on one as she huffed, it's been a rough morning. Her husband and mother-in-law made their way to the back room to prepare their presentation since they were the ones to go up next.

After Jackson and Catherine presented, Meredith made her way up to the stage and began to speak while Allison felt her vision get blurry by a bit, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are postponing the remainder of today's presentation, please raise your hand if you ate any cookies from this tin." At least half of the attending in the room raised their hands up, "Unfortunately, the cookies in this tin were tainted with rat poison. So we need to treat those of you who have ingested them as soon as possible, please."

Everyone who ate the cookies, quickly stood up and made their way to the back room where the snacks were. Allison frowned her eyebrows as she noticed everyone being so serious, once they made it to the back room, she plopped down on the couch, Jackson plopping down beside her.

Meredith walked inside the room, Jo behind her and looked at every single one of the doctors, "False alarm, the cookies had marijuana in them. Yes, I didn't want to scare you."

"So you went with rat poison?" Jackson's eyes went double its size as he sent a small glare at the blonde surgeon in front of him.

"You scared me to death." Arizona said, placing her hands inside her lab coat pocket. Although she gave the cookies out, she only found out after people ate the cookies that they had marijuana in them. The Peds surgeon told Meredith who then later told everyone about the rat poison.