five

season 12, episode 9 - the sound of silence

ALLISON AVERY LOVED THE BEACH, SHE USED TO GO THERE TO escape reality—it was her comfort place, watch the sunset or sunrise and just listen to the water crashing against one another

ALLISON AVERY LOVED THE BEACH, SHE USED TO GO THERE TO escape reality—it was her comfort place, watch the sunset or sunrise and just listen to the water crashing against one another. Allison remembered  her last summer with her parents at the Carter beach house. She remembered the barbeque nights, watching the sunsets before dinner, building sandcastles and beach volleyball days. When her parents passed, she noticed that the beach house was passed down to her and ever since then she hasn't returned. At the age of twelve, Allison lost her parents in a plane crash. The age of twelve and a half she moved in with her Aunt Caroline. 

When Allison was seventeen, she graduated high school and moved to Boston to major in the medical field, at the age of twenty-one she went to medical school, where she met the love of her life. At the age of twenty-five she graduated med-school, the love of her life left her, and she moved to Seattle to do her internship. At the age of twenty-six she lost one of her friends and co-workers, George O'Malley, who jumped in front of a moving bus to save a woman.

At the age of twenty-six she saw her ex-fiancé working in the same hospital as her. When she was twenty-eight she was in a plane crash with six of her friends, Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey died that same year.

She finally married the love of her life, Jackson Avery at the age of twenty-nine. That same year the couple fell pregnant but lost their baby boy... Mark Norbert Avery. Days later her best friend, Derek Shepherd died due to a M.V.C accident that left him brain dead and after his funeral she left Seattle with Meredith Grey and her kids. She returned back home and fought for her marriage and she felt like everything was going to be fine.

Now at the age of thirty, Allison Avery laid in a hospital bed as she flatlined.

***

HOURS EARLIER

It's been a hectic few weeks, the new cardio attending—Nathan Riggs has a past with Owen Hunt and everyone was trying to figure out what it was. Some asked about the drama between the two, others spread rumors about them. One apparently was that he and April had an affair when they were overseas which Allison immediately shut down.

Since Jackson and Allison have been pushing one another to hang out with their friends together, April and Allison have gotten somewhat closer. The two sometimes go to each other for certain advice, mostly April ranting to her and Arizona about fixing her marriage with Matthew, which is still a bit rocky.

Alex proposed to Jo the other night, to which Allison and Meredith knew about, but the two friends didn't know what the hell happened so Alex stayed with Meredith. Amelia and Meredith were now fighting, the Shepherd neurosurgeon moved out of Meredith's house hence where Alex slept.

Amelia was tired of the way Meredith treated her and Amelia reminded her that they were sisters, to which Meredith corrected saying Allison and Cristina were her sisters and that she was Derek's sister, not hers.  When Allison heard, she went to find Amelia but her fellow co-chief of the department snapped at her causing her to leave Amelia alone.