forty-five

season 16, episode 2 - reunited

THE SOUND OF THE TWINS crying filled up the living room

THE SOUND OF THE TWINS crying filled up the living room.  Delilah was already dressed and was finishing her breakfast while Allison shushes Christopher, swaying him back and forth. Jackson tried to do the same with Greyson, but the oldest brother was just as fussy. Greyson was just tired, but he was refusing to sleep while Christopher was just hungry. Allison decided to walk around the house, making her way to the kitchen she talked quietly to her son, trying to calm down. At the sound of his mother's voice, Christopher seemed to go quiet.

"Momma will be back with you soon." Allison whispered to her son. Allison spent a month on maternity leave, it wasn't enough but she needed to get her mind back in the game. Plus if there was an emergency, she knew she'll be able to take a break.

"We should get going if we want to beat morning traffic."

"I know." Allison said, rubbing her finger up and down Christopher's cheek, "It's just it's going to be a long time without them in my arms."

"Well, the good news is they're going to be in the daycare a few floors up with their big sister." Jackson assured his wife. They've been down this road before with Delilah, and it was hard for Allison to let her daughter go into daycare but she eased into it. "You don't have to go back so soon, so if you've changed your mind we can always let—"

"No." Allison sternly told her husband, "I miss it, plus I bet the hospital is being chaotic right now without Mer, Webber and Alex."

"It's been hard on the interns." Jackson informed her, placing a now sleeping Greyson in his carseat. He made his way towards his wife taking hold of Christopher from her. "Bailey is not on board with Tom being her boss."

Allison nodded her head, she knew Bailey didn't like Tom, especially now that he's their boss. Delilah looked at her mom, "Tummy full."

Allison grabbed a napkin from the kitchen counter and wiped her daughter's face. She had a milk mustache. "Alright Ms. Lilah, let's get going."

Delilah grabbed her bag that was beside and carefully placed it on with the help of Allison. Her mom took hold of her hand while Jackson finished buckling the twins in their car seat.

"Momma, is grandma sad?" Delilah asked as they made their way towards their car, Allison picked up Delilah and placed her into her seat, shocked with the question she asked.

The past few days that Catherine had visited them, she tried to be cheerful for her granddaughter and grandsons but she was upset. Ever since Bailey fired her husband, her marriage has been falling apart. Delilah took notice of it, she also took notice of her mother not being in good speaking terms with her grandmother, but they are civil.

"Grandma is going through some pretty tough things right now." Allison carefully explained to her daughter. She briefly looked up to her husband, "But seeing you and your little brothers make her less sad. I know that."