forty-three

season 15, episode 21 - the good carter
(episode renamed due to the plotline)

BOSTON, MASSAUCHUSETTS WAS THE LAST PLACE Allison Avery wanted to be but there she was walking inside a Catherine Fox Hospital alongside Atticus Lincoln, the two were sent to Boston for a case, Amelia couldn't go because she was busy trying to fig...

BOSTON, MASSAUCHUSETTS WAS THE LAST PLACE Allison Avery wanted to be but there she was walking inside a Catherine Fox Hospital alongside Atticus Lincoln, the two were sent to Boston for a case, Amelia couldn't go because she was busy trying to figure out who gets custody of Leo with Owen, so here she was in the one place where she made sure to avoid. Not only did Boston hold all of her childhood memories, it also held her history with Jackson. Boston was filled with good and bad memories. 

The two stopped at the hotel before making their way to the hospital to check on their patient. Allison and Link got along pretty well, the two were making conversation before a familiar figure made her way towards them. "Allison? Allison is that you?"

Allison's head snapped over to Rose Carter, who had a smile on her face. Her eyes landed over to Allison's bump. Allison sent her cousin a tight smile, "Rose? What are you doing here?"

Rose's eyes wandered over to Link before she answered her cousin. "I came for a check up. I'm two months pregnant."

"Congratulations." Allison tightly smiled, she turned so she can look at Link before presenting him to her cousin, "Rose, this is Dr. Atticus Lincoln—"

"Is this your new husband?" Rose questioned, raising an eyebrow, "I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if you and Jackson called it quits! I mean, you switch men every season! You did leave Matthew at the altar."

Link's eyes went wide causing Allison to send a quick glare to her cousin. She knew her cousin couldn't be friendly for one second. The Avery rolled her eyes, "No, Jackson and I are still happily married and we will continue to be happily married. Link is a colleague, we're here for a patient."

"My mom would be thrilled you finally came to Boston!" Rose smiled, pulling out her phone causing Allison to snatch it away from her quickly before she turned it on. Rose glared at her, "Hey! Give me back my phone."

"Rose, I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell Aunt Caroline that I am here."

"She'd want to have dinner with you before you leave, since you hardly visit us." Rose sent her a look, "You never invite us over at Seattle, it was surprise when you invited us to your wedding with Matthew, which obviously didn't happen. Knowing Mom, she'd like you to come over. Come to dinner."

"No, we're just here for today." Allison told her. She returned the phone back to her cousin, "We're leaving tonight. There's not gonna be a dinner. Bye Rose."

***

Allison and Lincoln switched out of their regular clothes and into some scrubs and once they were done they ran into the the doctor that called them in. He handed them the patient's chart as he talked about their patient to them. They walked inside a room where they found two boys sitting down on the bed playing video games.