forty seven

season 16, episode 8 - my shot

THE DAY HAS COME TO DETERMINE if Meredith Grey would be able to keep her medical license after commiting insurance fraud to one of her patients

THE DAY HAS COME TO DETERMINE if Meredith Grey would be able to keep her medical license after commiting insurance fraud to one of her patients. The whole attending staff at Grey-Sloan Memorial made sure to attend, especially those who were very close to Meredith. The Grey-Shepherd kids, alongside with the Avery-Carter kids were with their prospective babysitters as their parents made their way to the hotel where Meredith was going to be questioned alongside other witnesses in front of a panel of doctors.

Jackson went ahead and parked the car in one of the parking spots just as Allison went ahead and took hold of his hand. They silently looked at one another hoping for the best to come out after this, that their dear friend would still be able to perform medicine.

The two of them went ahead and stepped out of the car, walking hand-in-hand inside the hotel to find some of the attendings inside waiting for Meredith to arrive. Richard greeted the Avery's and to their surprise he was here since he flew out to go to his niece's funeral.

"You just got back in town?" Allison asked Webber as the three of them walked towards the couches where Link was seated with a cup of coffee.

"Yeah. I just landed last night." Webber told them and he gave them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I didn't call you guys back. I didn't think it was a good idea for you guys—or your mom to come to Sabrina's service."

"Oh, Mom didn't go?" Jackson asked as he gave his wife a small look before turning his attention back to Webber.

"Ah, the family's not ready to see anyone—especially from Seattle." Webber sadly nodded his head. Sabrina Webber died on the operating table, she had lost too much blood and Maggie Pierce had operated on her despite the disapproval from Sabrina's dad. So when Sabrina died, her father was furious with Maggie just as the Pierce surgeon felt guilt.

Webber patted Jackson on the shoulder before he walked away from the Avery's. The two continued to walk further down the room, greeting people quietly. Bailey walked in with her purse in hand as she noticed the attendings waiting for Meredith.

She raised her eyebrow and looked at them, "I don't remember all you people putting in requests for the day off."

"And whose fault is it they need to." Webber muttered but it was loud enough for everyone to hear him. Ever since Webber, Alex and Meredith got fired by Bailey and Catherine, things haven't really been all sunshine and rainbows between Bailey and Richard.

Bailey didn't say anything else because at that moment, Meredith walked inside the hotel, her lawyer, sisters and Alex behind her. The blonde Grey looked at her other best friend who was across from her and sent her a tight smile.

***

The minute Meredith opened the doors to the hotel conference room, the first thing she took notice of was the way it looked. There was a large table all the way to the front with chairs behind them where the board of doctors, who were going to determine if Meredith will get her license revoked. Then there were the seats for everyone else, this was it, it felt real now.