twenty-five

season 14, episode 8 - out of nowhere
season 14, episode 9 - 1-800-799-7233

THE SOUND OF FLATLINING FILLED THE HOSPITAL, causing a wave of confusion to hit every single doctor on why the monitors were beeping and not working

THE SOUND OF FLATLINING FILLED THE HOSPITAL, causing a wave of confusion to hit every single doctor on why the monitors were beeping and not working. Jackson Avery had been with a patient with Violet Jones due to the patient needing both cardio and plastics and the two doctors were the ones on his chart. It was awkward between the two, Violet had tried talking to him, catching up but Jackson only talked to her about medicine and their patient. Once the monitors began to flatline, the two of them checked on their patient before walking out of the room and into the hallway hearing the familiar flatline on all monitors.

Allison Avery looked down at the computer to see green bold letters being shown on the screen about a hacker wanting money. Once the hacker gets the money, he'll return all the patient records. The brunette walked inside one of the conference rooms, where she found Alex, April and Richard standing in front of Bailey.

"When do we get the records back?" Allison spoke, looking at their Chief of Surgery who looked a bit lost and didn't know what to do.

"Look, I've got kids up there. I don't even know what meds they're on!" Alex continued, freaking out since his patient is having frequent headaches and they can't help him if they don't know what medication he has been on.

"We can't even order meds!" April slightly yelled, "And we can't monitor our patients, so—"

"Okay, everyone stop!" Bailey turned around to look at Tim, one of their workers who worked on monitors and computers. "I thought we were prepared for this. We were supposed to have the whole cybersecurity seminar—"

"We are. It's this Friday."

"Bailey, what the hell are we gonna do?" Allison asked, frowning her eyebrows and folding her arms across her chest.

Out of nowhere, outside the conference room an intern was running around before he crashed into a cart a nurse was pushing, causing him to fall down with some supplies. Bailey pointed over to him, "Alright, see that—that right there is what we're not going to do. We're not gonna go running around flapping our arms like the sky is falling, alright. Just because we've lost our computers, we don't have to lose our minds, okay? We need to take deep breaths, we need to calm down because we don't want to panic our patients! We will solve this problem and we will solve it calmly and quietly. So none of our patients need to know that anything out of the ordinary is happening, okay?"

Allison looked through the windows as she furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of men and women walking inside the hospital wearing dark blue jackets with bold letters, a group of FBI officers demanded people to turn off their phones. She moved her eyes over to Bailey, "I think that might be a problem."

***

The red head woman walked up to both Jackson and Violet wanting to know more about her father's condition. She looked at the both of them, "Is he dying? Is he gonna die? Like now?"