Showdown at Pewter Gym

"We're finally here!" The gang punched their fists in the air excitedly as they stood on a large rock overlooking Pewter City.

Soon after leaving Viridian City, the gang had entered the Viridian Forest. Ember, Zoey, and Mairin managed to capture a Wurmple and Ember also caught a female Nidoran while Alain caught a male Nidoran and a Scyther. It made Ember ponder on how a bunch of Wurmple's arrived in Kanto. The gang had spent a week in the forest with Ember training with her Pokémon. By the end of the week, the girls' Wurmple's had finally evolved into their final form, Beautifly. Ember named hers 'Aoife' and Mairin named hers 'Valerie'.

Luckily they didn't come across Cassidy and Butch. But they did encounter Samurai and Ember won the battle between them.

And now, they've finally arrived in Pewter City where Ember will get her first gym badge. Ember looked over the large rock and noticed that Flint, Brock's father, wasn't there selling rocks. That confused her. Then she remembered in her other world when she first battled Brock. She wondered if he's still here.

========================================

The gang had finally arrived at the Pokémon center, Ember immediately gave her Pokémon and Pokémon egg to Nurse Joy. After that, the gang went to the Pokémart to pick up more supplies. Then Ember sighed up for the Indigo League. 

========================================

Now that their Pokémon were perfect health, the gang headed towards the Pewter gym where Ember will get her first badge.

"Sylv! (There it is!)" Nova pointed her paw at a building with some giant stone rocks surrounding it.

The gang opened the doors, which were heavier than they looked, and walked inside. Then they noticed that it was dark on the inside.

"Hello?! Is anyone here?!" Ember called out, cupping her hands.

No one answered.

"Maybe they're out." Mairin suggested.

"I don't think so." Alain and Cilan disagreed.

"Who goes there?" A male voice responded after a short period of silence.

The voice startled the gang for a moment.

"My name is Ember Kukui of Melemele Island and I've come to challenge the gym leader to a gym battle!" Ember introduced herself.

The lights suddenly turned on, showing a big Pokémon battlefield. At the end of it stood a mid-teenage boy, that Ember easily recognized, Forrest, Brock's younger brother.

"I'm Forrest the Gym Leader of Pewter City and I accept your challenge!" Forrest declared.

Ember and Nova grinned at this. They were both excited to battle their first Kanto gym leader.

"A Gym battle is different from a normal battle you do realize that right?" Forrest stated.

Ember nodded, "Yes, I do."

Alain, Mairin, Zoey, and Cilan went over to the stands to watch as Ember and Forrest were on the side of the field, a boy who looks exactly like the gym leader took the role as the referee. Ember figured that he must be one of Brock's siblings.

"This will be a three-on-three gym battle between Forrest the Pewter City Gym Leader and Ember Kukui from Melemele Island. The gym leader Forrest will call out his Pokémon first. Both are not able to switch Pokémon while battling," The referee stated, "Are both trainers ready?"

Forrest and Ember nodded.

"Battle begin!" The referee yelled.

Forrest called out his Pokémon first.