Prof. Oak's Gift

A/N: Nova will evolve into...Sylveon!

==============

For the past four years, Ember has enjoyed her new life with her parents and Pokémon. Her shiny female Eevee, Nova, evolved into a shiny purple Sylveon while her Swablu, Melody, had evolved into Altaria, her Pikachu, Tesla, evolved into an Alolan Raichu, her Rockruff, Romulus, evolved into a newly Dusk Form Lycanroc, and her Rowlet was now a Decidueye. But she managed to catch some others as well around her island home; shiny Buneary, Growlithe, shiny Gyarados, Gengar, Litten, Popplio, shiny Feebas, and a Bounsweet. Most of them have evolved as well. She also found a Pokémon egg which soon hatched into a Dratini who later on evolved into Dragonite.

Her parents had taken her to some of the regions where she got to meet the same Professors. She did meet a new one named Prof. Magnolia of the Galar Region. Ember was fascinated by the Pokémon there including the starters. Magnolia let Ember have one of their extra starters which was a Scorbunny who was the fire type starter.

Although she managed to catch one or two Pokémon from the other regions while she was on the trips. But that will be told later.

================

Present Time:

10-year-old Ember Kukui was going to the Kanto Region for Ember to compete in the Indigo League, but she had to pick up something from Prof. Oak's first. She was super excited to go to Kanto. At the moment she and Nova were at the airport with her parents, ready to get onto the plane to the Kanto region.

"Don't worry, mom. We'll be fine." Ember assured her mom.

"Sylv!!" Nova added.

"I know. I can't help but worry." Burnet smiled nervously.

"It's okay." Ember said.

"I'll help look after Ember and Nova." Rotom Dex assured her parents.

Rotom Dex is a talking Pokédex that's possessed by Rotom the electric/ghost type Pokémon, Rotom. It's able to scan Pokémon from all of the regions. It has an extra feature: it can switch or transfer Pokémon to her dad's lab instead of finding a Pokémon Center to do it.

"Have a good time in Kanto, dear. Make sure to call us when you reach Pewter City." Kukui said.

"Thanks, dad." Ember smiled.

The four shared a group hug.

=================

Ember and Nova rode on Melody, (Rotom was hiding in her bag) and soon arrived in Pallet Town in the Kanto region. The town still looked the same since she had last been there. It felt like forever since she had been in this town. However, that was in another life. But somehow, she didn't mind being in this one.

"Ember." Rotom Dex said.

Ember turned and saw Rotom Dex floating next to her shoulder.

"It's okay, Rotom. I was just thinking." Ember assured him.

"Sylveon? (About what?)" Nova tilted her head to the side.

"It's nothing. Let's get to Prof. Oak's." Ember responded.

"Sylv." Nova agreed.

The three headed up to Prof. Oak's lab.

===============

Ember arrived at the door, slightly afraid to knock on the door. It had been a long time since she had seen Prof. Oak. But that was in another life. She knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A male voice called out from inside.

Ember could hear the footsteps inside and then the door opened to reveal Prof. Oak, Principal Oak's cousin.

"Can I help you, miss?" Prof. Oak asked.

"Yes, I'm Ember Kukui. I was told to come here and pick up something from you, Prof. Oak." Ember introduced herself.

"Oh, so you're Kukui's daughter huh? Pleasure to meet you." Prof. Oak held his hand out to her. 

Ember gently held his hand in greeting, "It's a pleasure to meet you too." 

"Well then, come on in." Prof. Oak gestured her to come inside.

Ember, Nova, and Rotom entered the lab with Prof. Oak leading them.

           =============

They soon arrived back at the lab where she saw three Pokéballs. The first one had a fire symbol, the second had a water symbol, and the last one had a leaf symbol. He led her over to another table that had a Pokémon egg in an egg incubator.

"Wow! A Pokémon egg!" Ember smiled.

"Yes, I found it near the corral the other day. I was very curious about it. Since I'm mostly busy in my lab, I thought that you should be the one to take care of it, Ember." Prof. Oak decided.

"What? Really?" Ember questioned.

Prof. Oak nodded, "Absolutely. For some strange reason, I somehow knew that you should be the one to do so." He said.

Ember looked to Prof. Oak and turned to the egg. She couldn't really explain it, but it felt like the egg was connected to her somehow.

"Alright, I'll do it." Ember smiled.

Prof. Oak handed her the egg and she put it back in her bag.

"Oh! I have one more thing to give to you." Prof. Oak handed her a Pokéball.

"Thank you. Come on out!" Ember released the Pokémon from the Pokéball.

"Rio?" Riolu appeared.

"A shiny Riolu." Ember smiled.

Nova came down from Ember's shoulder and greeted the Emanation Pokémon. The two instantly got along.

Rotom Dex scanned Riolu, "Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. Riolu has the power to see and understand emotions like happiness and anger in aura waves. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon."

"Riolu is actually here for my Mega Evolution study. But I have a feeling he would be much happier with you." Prof. Oak explained.

"Thank you, Professor." Ember thanked the Kanto Professor.

"Alright then, let me give you a few things before you head out." Prof. Oak said, picking up two objects from a table, "Here's a Mega Stone and a Key Stone necklace."

"Really? You're giving me a Mega Stone and a Key Stone?" Ember questioned.

"Yes. I know that when Riolu becomes a Lucario, he'll want to Mega Evolve. So Prof. Sycamore sent these items as a gift." Prof. Oak answered.

"Thank you." Ember thanked him as she put the Keystone necklace around her neck and put the Mega Stone in her bag. Then she returned Riolu to his Pokéball.

"Well then, I wish you luck on your journey, Ember." Prof. Oak said.

"Thank you, Professor Oak, for everything." Ember thanked him.

Prof. Oak nodded.

"Bye, Professor Oak." Ember and Nova headed out the door as Professor Oak waved them goodbye.

As soon as the door shut, Professor Oak sighed and then smiled again. He turned to the window as the sun was shining.

"She'll become a great trainer. I know it." Prof. Oak said to himself.

=============

Pokémon Caught: 

Shiny Riolu (Sirius)(M) 

Pokémon Egg