Betrayal

Pain

Pain...Piercing cold...Numbness...Betrayal.

That's what Ashley remembered feeling before her world went black. Agonizing pain shot through her body when an steel attack from her trusted electric Pokémon, Pikachu, hit her in the heart. She couldn't understand why Pikachu would do this. It didn't make sense. Then it hit her:

The loss at the Kalos League.

She didn't think that Pikachu would take it so personally. It was true that they have lost in the previous leagues except for the Orange league, but they were able to beat the Kanto Battle Frontier. That was something, right? Perhaps it wasn't enough for Pikachu. He probably wanted to be as strong as one of the legendary Pokémon that they've encountered on their journeys throughout the regions. Pikachu wanted to win them all. But they lost in most of them.

Her so-called friends weren't very supportive of her when they heard about winning second place in the Kalos League. The only ones who were supportive of her were Brock, Ritchie, Zoey, Molly, Cilan, Alain, Mairin, Bonnie, Tracey, Prof. Oak, Mimey, and her mother. They congratulated her on her second place in the Kalos League. Her mother was always supportive of her whenever she went on her journeys to the other regions.

Her plan was to take a long break from all of her journeys. However, Pikachu wasn't so reliant on relaxing. He seemed to be more obsessed with training. Ashley was trying to calm him down and that was when he hit her in the heart with his Iron Tail attack. She remembered the look of hatred on Pikachu's face, the panic calls of all of her other Pokémon, falling onto her side, and the sound of her heart slowly beating as her vision blurred and soon went black.

'Why, Pikachu?' was Ashley's last thought as she succumbed to the darkness.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"(Ashley.)" A masculine voice called out to her.

Ashley slowly opened her eyes and noticed that all of her surroundings were in white. She was pondering on why she was here. But then she saw something ginormous in front of her: Arceus the Alpha Pokémon.

 But then she saw something ginormous in front of her: Arceus the Alpha Pokémon

"Arceus." Ashley gasped with wide eyes.

"(Hello Ashley. It's been a while, hasn't it?)" Arceus greeted.

"Yes. Yes it has." Ashley replied.

"(Ashley, there's something I would like to do for you.)" Arceus announced.

"What is it?" Ashley asked.

"(I would like to send you to another dimension.)" Arceus replied.

Ashley blinked, "Huh? Why?" 

"(You didn't deserve to be killed by that Pikachu of yours or trust those friends who didn't support you.)" Arceus explained, "(The other dimension is similar to the one you're from.)"

"So you want send me into another dimension that's similar to my own?" Ashley questioned.

"(Yes, I figured that you deserve a do over)." Arceus replied.

"But why?" Ashley asked. 

"(Consider it a thank you for helping me from before and all of the other legendries you have helped saved in the past.)" Arceus replied.

"I helped them because it was the right thing to do. I couldn't let those villains hurt those innocent Pokémon." Ashley stated.

"(I know)," Arceus understood, "(But think of this gift as a second chance.)"

"Okay, I'll go. Who knows what might happen if I go there." Ashley said.

"(I'll make sure that you find a great adventure through your Pokémon journey)."

"Yeah. Maybe we'll see each other again someday."

"(I have a feeling we will)." Arceus said.

Then everything went white around them.

============================================

A/N: This is my second attempt at writing a Pokémon fanfic, so don't be harsh on me.