A Winged Friend

It had only been a year since Ember had befriended Nova the shiny Eevee. They spent everyday together, much to her parents' joy. Her friends were surprised to meet Nova because they've never seen a shiny Pokémon before. She easily got along with the other Pokémon that her friends brought to class. Ember felt like it was fate that she found Nova to be her Pokémon partner. 

==============

It was a beautiful sunny day and Ember and Nova were exploring the forest together once more. The same forest where they first met. The two loved walking around the forest. They liked watching the Pokémon roaming around the forest. Then they heard a chirping nearby. Ember and Nova glanced at each other and headed towards the sound.  When they carefully pulled away the bushes, they saw a Swablu who was chirping a song in the middle of a small clearing.

"Wow, a Swablu." Ember whispered.

"Eeve." Nova whispered.

The Swablu was singing a pretty song that Ember and Nova were starting to enjoy. For some strange reason, the song reminded her of Lugia's song. Then the Swablu noticed the two.

"Uh, hi." Ember greeted nervously.

Swablu tilted her head to the side and stared at the two. Then she flew over to Ember and Nova and sat in front of them. The three blinked at each other.

"Swab? (Who are you?)" Swablu asked.

"Oh, I'm Ember and this is my friend Nova." Ember introduced.

"Eevui! (Hi!)" Nova greeted.

"Swablu! (Pleasure to meet you!)" Swablu greeted back.

"Pleasure to meet you as well." Ember greeted.

"Swab Swablu Swab? (So what brings you two here?)" Swablu questioned.

"Well we heard your singing and we wanted to see who was singing such a pretty song." Ember answered.

"Swab? (You thought my song was pretty?)" Swablu asked.

Ember and Nova nodded, "Yeah."

Swablu smiled, "Swablu Swab. (Thank you.)"

"Hey would you like to play with us?" Ember asked.

"Blu! (Sure!)" Swablu chirped.

===============

For the next hour or so, Ember, Nova, and Swablu played together. Mostly playing chase which was fun and exciting to the three. Swablu also led them to fruit that they all could eat. Then Ember noticed that they had to head home.

"Nova, we have to get back home now." Ember reminded the normal type.

"Eevui." Nova said.

"We'll see you later, Swablu." Ember waved the flying type Pokémon goodbye as she and Nova walked back home. 

         ==============

When Ember and Nova were near the entrance of the forest, they heard the sound of wings flapping behind them. They looked behind them and they saw the same Swablu before flying towards them.

"Swablu?" Ember asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Swablu Swab. (I want to go with you.)" Swablu replied.

Ember and Nova blinked, "Huh?"

"Blu Swab Swablu! (I wish to be your friend!)" Swablu chirped happily.

Ember and Nova blinked again and glanced at each other and back to Swablu.

"So you really would you like to be our friend?" Ember asked.

Swablu nodded, "Swablu! (Absolutely!)"

"Great! Then I shall name you 'Melody'." Ember declared.

Swablu chirped happily at her new name. 

Ember and Nova had now gained a new friend who will stay with them. One who would help them reach the sky.