A Familiar Starter

Today the gang are walking along the road to Vermilion City. A few hours earlier, the gang had left Pokémon Tech School when they were on their way to Vermilion. Ember already knew what that school was for, and she was glad that her parents didn't send her there. After meeting a student named Joe who Ember and Alain had met when looking for firewood when she and the others were taking a break on the misty road. Zoey had asked for a battle with him to prove that she was stronger than him, which she was. Then he was humiliated by an upperclassman named Giselle. The gang was angry at her treatment of Joe and Ember insulted her for that. Giselle got angry and demanded a battle with Ember.

In the end, Ember had won, and Giselle apologized to Joe about she treated him. To make up from how she treated them, Giselle gave them directions on how to get to Vermilion City.

================================

At the moment, the gang were taking a break in a clearing. Cilan was looking through his bag and noticed something.

"Oh no." Cilan said.

"What is it, Cilan?" Zoey asked.

"I just found out that I'm low on berries." Cilan replied.

"How about we go find some berries?" Ember suggested.  

"Sounds like a good idea." Alain agreed.

"I'll stay here." Mairin offered.

"Thank you, Mairin." Ember thanked her.

"Chespie, look after Mairin for us." Alain requested.

"Chespin!" Chespie saluted.

And so, the four trainers went into the forest to go find some berries.

================================

Ember, Nova, and Tesla looked at the trees, trying to spot some berries. Thanks to Tesla, she was an expert on finding berries. They had just finished gathering Nanab berries when Ember felt like something was poking her shoulder. She looks over her shoulder and saw a familiar grass starter Pokémon from her previous life.

"Bulbasaur?" Ember whispered with wide eyes.

"Bulba? (Ashley?)" Bulbasaur asked with wide eyes.

Ember nods her head. 

Bulbasaur leaped out to her, and she caught him in her arms. Bulbasaur nuzzled against her chest as she petted his head.

"It's so good to see you, Bulbasaur." Ember smiled.

"Bulbasaur? (Where have you been, Ashley?)" Bulbasaur asked.

"I've been living in the Alola region. I go by Ember Kukui now." Ember replied.

"Bulb bulba. (That's a nice name.)" Bulbasaur commented.

"Thank you, Bulbasaur." Ember smiled.

"Sylveon, sylv veon sylveon? (Ember, do you know this Bulbasaur?)" Nova questioned.

"Yes, this is my Bulbasaur from my previous life." Ember answered.

"Bulbasaur, this is Nova, she's a Sylveon. Nova, this is Bulbasaur." Ember introduced her two Pokémon together.

Bulbasaur extended his vine while Nova extended one of her feelers, forming a handshake.

"Bulbasaur, would you like to travel with me once more?" Ember offered.

Bulbasaur nodded with a smile, "Bulba! (Of course!)"

"That's great!" Ember took out a Pokéball and held it in front of him, "You're absolutely sure?" She asked.