Indigo League: Preliminary Rounds

A/N:

I misnamed my Flareon by accident. It was meant to be 'Keegan' not Kai.

=======================

After the opening ceremonies, Ember knew that she had to pass through four preliminary battles on four unique battlefields (Grass, Water, Ice, and Rock) to qualify for battling inside Indigo Stadium. Her first battle was going to be on the water field.

"Since this field is a water field, I will use Tesla, Dover, and Kaori." Ember said.

"Those three are good choices." Alain stated.

The screen in the Pokémon center, where participants find out who their opponents are, showed that Ember was against a trainer named Mandi, who kind of looked a bit of a magician.

Ember grinned, "This guy is going to lose."

=======================

Ember's battle with Mandi wasn't until the afternoon, so Ember got ready for the battle. She phoned her father and asked him for Dover (Kingler) and Kaori (Vaporeon). Ember switched Triton (Blastoise) and Ignado (Alolan Marowak) for them.

"[I wish you luck Ember, especially since this is your first time in a Pokémon league.]" Prof. Kukui said.

"Thank you, dad." Ember thanked her father.

Burnet was at the lab too and she wished Ember lots of luck too, and she also said that she will be watching her on TV all the way.

Ember felt ready after getting Dover and Kaori from the lab. She found out that Gary had won his first battle on the ice field, but Ember just concentrated for her first battle. Later on, they met Mandi, but Mandi was a cocky, arrogant trainer, just like Ember remembered him.

"I look forward to beating you in our battle, Ember." Mandi smirked.

'That's where he's wrong.' Ember thought, glared.

=======================

Soon it was time for Ember to battle Mandi on the water field.

"Ready Ember?" Alain asked.

"As I'll ever be," Ember replied, "Let's go."

Ember, Alain, Mairin, Zoey and Cilan entered the arena together. Ember took her place on the battlefield and her friends took a seat behind her. The battlefield was a water field all right; it was a big pool, with platforms. The judge explained the rules about each trainer using three Pokémon and such. He also explained about the rules of Pokémon battle loses; if the trainer recalled a Pokémon, or the Pokémon was knocked out, or the Pokémon fell asleep or refused the battle, those four things counted as loses. Then the battle began.

Mandi sent out his first Pokémon; Exeggutor.

Ember knew that Exeggutor was a Grass/Psychic type, so she sent out Dover the Kingler to battle.

"Exeggutor versus Kingler, battle... begin!" The referee declared.

"Okay Exeggutor use Egg Bomb!" Mandi ordered.

Exeggutor fired multiple egg-shaped balls towards Dover.

"Quick Dover, use Bubble Beam!" Ember countered.

Dover shot a torrent of bubbles at the seed bomb attack, cancelling the attack out.

"Use Agility!"

Dover hopped on the platforms on the water field quickly, before appearing before Exeggutor.