Volcanic Panic

Blaine and Ember stood on the other side of each other while the others were up in the stands and watched.

"This will be a three-on-three, only the challenger is allowed to substitute. Do you agree to these terms?" Blaine announced.

Ember nodded, "I do."

Blaine pulled out a Pokéball, "Fine. I have already selected my first Pokémon." He threw it, "Ninetales, go!"

Ninetales is a fox-like, quadruped Pokémon covered in thick, luxurious golden-white fur. It had a small mane of thicker fur around its neck and a long, fluffy crest on top its head. It had slender legs with three-toed paws and nine, long tails with pale orange tips. It had red eyes, pointed ears, and a triangular black nose.

Rotom scanned the Pokémon, "Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon. The evolved form of Vulpix. It has nine tails and a shining golden fleece. Ninetales are said to live very long lives."

"Triton, I choose you!" Ember sent out Triton the Wartortle.

"Wartortle (Let's do this)!" Triton declared.

"Ninetails, use Fire Spin!" Ninetales opened its mouth and released a stream of spinning red-orange flame spiraling around it at Triton.

"Jump, Triton!" Triton jumped high in the air to avoid the Fire Spin attack, "Now, Hydro Pump!"

Triton released a powerful stream of water from his mouth at Ninetailes, making it a direct hit as Ninetails skidded backwards.

"Ninetails, use Flamethrower!" Ninetails spewed fire from its mouth at Triton.

"Use Water Gun!" Triton spewed water from his mouth at the Flamethrower, causing both attacks to collide and create steam that covered the field. Ember used that opportunity to attack, "Use Bubble!"

Triton released several clear bubbles from his mouth at an unsuspecting Ninetails, but Ember wasn't done yet, "Now Tackle!"

Triton followed up with a Tackle, slamming into Ninetails, "Finish off with another Hydro Pump!"

Triton fired off another Hydro Pump at Ninetails, sending it flying backwards and into unconsciousness.

Blaine called it, "Ninetails is unable to battle! Wartortle wins!"

"Great job, Triton!" Ember smiled.

Triton turned to her with a smile and gave a peace sign.

"Yes!" Mairin cheered.

"Sylve! (Go Ember!)" Nova cheered.

Blaine brought another Pokéball, "Rhydon, come!" Out came a Rhydon.

"Rhydon! (A challenger!)" Rhydon said.

Rhydon is a large, gray, bipedal Pokémon with features of both dinosaurs and rhinoceroses. It has a cream-colored, drill- like horn on its snout. There are other protrusions on the head as well, including a spike curving forward from the middle of its head, two triangular, points resembling ears to the sides, a wide, wavy crest under the ears, and spiky ridges on its cheeks. It has red eyes and two fangs protruding from its upper jaw. It has a cream-colored stomach and a row of spikes down its back. Rhydon has a long tail with skinny, black stripes.

Rotom scanned Rhydon, "Rhydon, the evolved form of Rhyhorn. It is known as the Drill Pokémon. Its large horn gives it formidable attack power."

"Triton, return!" Triton was returned to his Pokéball, "Rory, I choose you!" Her shiny Gyarados was released.

Rory roared when he appeared on the field.

Blaine's eyes widened at the sight of Rory, "A shiny Gyarados? Amazing."