Showdown At Dark City

Before reaching their destination, the gang met an Old Hippie who played songs on his Pokéflute, which woke up Nova and Chespie from their naps. They came to the next town, only to find out that there was no food in any of the stores and restaurants. The reason why was because there was a drought which meant no food, no water, and no river or stream anywhere.

The gang thought it was odd, so they went to find the source of the problem. So they followed the river and found the source: A Snorlax who was sleeping in front of a bunch of thorns that was blocking the stream water.

They knew that they needed to move Snorlax. So they tried other ways: an alarm clock, loudspeaker, a bucket of cold water, and other things. Ember remembered that a Pokéflute should be able to wake up Snorlax and that the old Hippie they ran into earlier had one. But then Team Rocket showed up and wanted to steal Snorlax as well. But the gang was able to send them blasting off before they could even go after the Hippie.

Once they found the Hippie, they asked him if he could wake up Snorlax and he agreed. When they brought the Hippie to Snorlax, he told the gang that the Snorlax belonged to him, which Ember already knew, surprising the others. They told him that Snorlax was blocking the town's water source.

The old Hippie understand and used his Pokéflute to wake up his sleeping Pokémon. It soon woke up and stretched its body. However, the river was still blocked. Then Ember remembered that Snorlax's favorite snack was thorns. Snorlax wasted no time in eating up all of the thorns allowing water to flow through the river again thus saving the town. The gang was glad the town won't have any more problems with these two around and left to continue their journey.

===========================

One day, the group decided to take a break and train their Pokémon. After two days of training, most of the gang's Pokémon had evolved. Sorra (Pidove) evolved into Tranquill, Charlotte (Sewaddle) into Swadloon, Kaito (Starly) evolved into Staravia, Nessy (Goomy) into Sliggoo, Houdini (Abra) into Kadabra, and Rogue (Shiny Fennekin) into Braxien. Alain's Litten evolved into Torracat, Nidoran into Nidorino, and Poochyena into Mightyena. Mairin's Chervil (Grookey) evolved into Thwackey, Sage (Pansage) into Simisage, and Sakura (Deerling: Spring Form) into Sawsbuck. Zoey's Popplio evolved into Brionne, Mudkip into Marshtomp, and Fennekin into Braxien. Cilan's Rowlet evolved into Dartrix and Chespin into Quilladin. 

============================

Right now, the gang had just arrived at the entrance to a town known as Dark City.

"So...this is Dark City, huh?" Alain looked around.

"It really is a Ghost town," Ember observed, "Are you sure this city hasn't been abandoned, Cilan?"

"No, this is the right place." Cilan confirmed.

"So creepy." Mairin commented.

"Oh, its creepy alright." Zoey agreed.

They walked through the town and could easily see how desolated it was. There were practically no people or any other signs of life around this place.

"Hey, there's a woman there with her son." Mairin said about to wave over at them, but the woman herded her son away from the trainers, "What was that about?"

Ember remembered what happened here in her previous world. Two rival gyms wanting to be the official Pokémon gym, who neither care that they were destroying their town in the process. She was really starting to get a bad feeling in this city, "I don't know."

"We should probably be on the lookout for anything." Cilan advised.

"Yeah." Ember said.

Suddenly a rock was thrown at her, Luckily Alain caught it before it could hit her. Alain turned his head to where the rock came from. The gang looked to where Alain was staring at and spotted three kids on a roof with rocks in their hands. He glared heatedly at them, and the three boys ran away in fear.