The Mysterious Egg Hatches

The gang had decided to stay at the Pokémon Center for the week. They could use a break since the Grampa Canyon incident and the Farfetch'd thief. So Ember began training her Pokémon in the meantime. On the first day of training, Levy (Chikorita) evolved into Bayleef. Apparently Levy and the other Pokémon been training with the other Pokémon before she was added to Ember's team. Soon afterwards, Hugo (Cyndaquil) evolved into Quilava, Chomper (Totodile) into Croconaw, Manny (Mankey) into Primeape, Tito (Tepig) into Pignite, and Horus (Fletching) into Fletchinder.

After the end of the week, Ember got her Pokémon healed and let them have some rest.

==================

Today was the day when Mairin's egg would hatch. Ember hoped that hers and Zoey's would hatch as well. They had just left the Pokémon E.R. after they were told that the egg is very healthy and will hatch soon.

So the gang was sitting outside relaxing with their Pokémon.

Mairin was eagerly wiping down her egg with a smile, "I can't wait to see what kind of Pokémon will hatch from this egg."

"What kind of Pokémon are you hoping will hatch?" Cilan asked.

"I hope it's a beautiful grass Pokémon!" Mairin said with stars in her eyes.

"No surprise there." Zoey said, teasingly.

"Ember Kukui?" Nurse Joy called out.

"Yes, that's me." Ember said walking over to the counter.

"You have a call from Prof. Kukui of the Alola region." Nurse Joy told her.

"Dad?" Ember blinked.

"Sylve? (Kukui?)" Nova tilted her head.

====================

Going over to the phones Ember saw her father's face already on the screen waiting patiently for her, "[Ah, Ember, hello there.]"

"Hello dad, why are you calling me all of a sudden?" Ember wondered.

"[Well, you haven't called me in a while, and I just wanted to see how you're doing.]" Kukui explained.

"Sorry that I haven't, dad." Ember apologized.

"[It's alright, my girl. There is one thing I wish to ask though: How in the world did you manage to acquire an Aerodactyl?! I must say when it first came here, I was quite surprised and very impressed with the fact you managed to catch it!]" Kukui asked her.

"It's a long story." Ember said.

"[I've got all day, Ember.]" Kukui said eagerly.

Ember explained how they went to Grampa Canyon to look for fossils. She found two fossils Sail fossils that belong to Amaura, Mairin and Zoey had found a Root fossil that belong to Lileep, Alain got a Jaw fossil that belonged to a Tyrunt, and Cilan had found a Cover fossil that belonged to Tirtouga. After that she, Nova, and Triton got stuck underground for a little while along with three members of Team Rocket who made the cave collapse on them in the first place. Then they had a run in with Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and Kabutops and were forced to battle them. That's when Aerodactyl appeared forcing them to break out into a run, but she ended up getting captured by the prehistoric Pokémon only escaping its grasp thanks to Freya. Having been saved by Freya and she battled against Aerodactyl defeating the flying type and capturing it.

"[I see...I didn't know you had to go through all that, but I'm glad you're safe and unharmed, my dear.]" Kukui said honestly.

"I just had some slight bruising but otherwise I'm alright." Ember said, "Oh by the way, Gary Oak found something on his first dig."