Escaping from the White Room

Lea POV

When I heard my name ... well, I didn't really hear it until a few moments afterwards but when I did notice it, I looked up. My mind has been so preoccupied lately on that bomb Kiba had dropped on me since last night. Well, it wasn't really a bomb since I had asked him straight up if he like liked me but jeesh, he should have said no. I was not expecting him to say yes at all. Now what should I do?

I've never been presented with a situation like this before. Ever. I've been locked up my whole life and tortured to no end. It was no wonder that I couldn't tell when someone liked my in that way. I should have known. It should have been a girly instinct to know immediately. Maybe then I wouldn't be in such a state of shock as I was right now.

I barely saw anything that happened in the room. I hadn't even noticed when Sasuke had woken up. I did remember, however, that Naruto had spotted me wandering aimlessly on the street and had asked if I wanted to be there when Sasuke woke up.

Did I even nod?

I must have since I was here.

And they were looking right at me.

I blinked, coming to the present. "Yes?" I asked, my voice sounding soft and unsure. So unlike me.

Sasuke was staring holes into me. His black eyes were burning with what looked to be anger. Why was he angry when he just woke up? Did he call me several times and I was mistaking the look in his eyes for simple annoyance?

I got to my feet and made my way over to the bed. "Were you calling me?" I asked, feeling a little unsure.

Sasuke's eyes were burning into me.

"What were you thinking so hard about?"

Involuntarily my cheeks grew hot. I couldn't tell him about Kiba, could I?

"Nothing. I ... uh ... started biting my nail and now I can't stop."

"Then why do you look like your best friend just died?"

My best friend is dead. "You were in a coma for a week, Sasuke. Practically the same thing."

"Although we aren't best friends."

I shrugged and sat on his bed, placing my feet at his pillows. "Nah, but really, who is?"

"I don't think you should be up there," Sakura inputted.

I quirked my eyebrow at her. "Up where? On the bed?"

"Well, yeah.... Sasuke just woke up and he isn't better and-"

"And blah blah blah," I finished for her. "Stop being such a Debbie Downer, Sakura. Where else am I supposed to sit? On the floor?"

"You didn't seem to mind when you were thinking about Kiba," she muttered under her breath, but it wasn't under her breath at all. My eyes widened and so did Sasuke's. Sakura!

"You don't have a problem with me up here, right Sasuke?" I asked frantically to distract him. "Your buddy?"

I smiled sweetly at him since his eyes had taken on such a harsh burning look that made me want to hide under the bed sheets. I looked over at Sakura. She looked smug with herself. What was wrong with her?

The air had grown. I wasn't sure what exactly was simmering in the atmosphere but it was threatening to choke me alive. And judging by the faces of Sasuke and Sakura, staying this atmosphere would be suicidal.

I jumped off the bed. "Come on, let's go."

Surprise registered in both their eyes. '"What?" Sakura asked. I ignored her.