Ambushed

"Psst."

"Psst."

"Psst!"

I was hell bent on ignoring it but the more persistent the psst-ing became the more annoyed I got. I sat up slowly, pissed, and sent a harsh death glare into the darkness at whoever had the nerve to wake me in the middle of the night.

It took my eyes a while to adjust but I didn't need to see to know who it was. Horo's wooden shoes were making annoying tapping sounds against the wall outside the window. What the hell was he doing waking me up so early?

"Horo, what the hell. What do you want?"

"We have training to do," he said, sounding almost a little bored.

My eyes widened past its fogginess. "Training? Now?"

"Yes, now. Get up. I don't want you to wake the others so come through the window."

He must be kidding me. Surely he knew how I was when someone came between me and my sleep. I was shocked, to be honest, as I stared at him with my mouth slightly open.

"Shut your mouth, you're drooling," he said impatiently. "Come on, I don't have all night to waste."

A quick smile split across my face just one second before I turned my back to him and laid down. He must be crazy if he thought I was actually going to go with him. I chuckled a bit, slightly amused which was good considering the fact that I've decided to overlook his stupidity.

Something collided in my head.

"Ow-!" I screamed, jumping up before something - I wasn't sure what exactly -clamped around my mouth. What the actual...

"Be quiet, will you!" Horo whispered harshly at me. "I just said I don't want to wake the others."

If I could speak, I'm sure a long string of bad words would be pouring out of my mouth then and there. Maybe it was a good thing he had used his chakra - yes, his blasted chakra! - and covered my mouth because wow. The amount of anger I was feeling was terrifying.

So, since speaking made no sense, I just sat there and glared at him. Horo caught the look I was giving him and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever, you're angry. You won't be any more if you would just get up and come with me so that I can train you. I have a new jutsu for you to learn."

New jutsu? Well, damn why didn't he say that in the first place. Interest quickly rushed in to replace the anger in my eyes. I just love learning new jutsu. I just hope waking me up in the middle of the night to teach them to me won't become a habit for him or else.

Slowly I got up. It was really a wonder that Hinata and Sakura didn't hear me scream out. If they didn't hear that then I'm sure as hell never allowing them to keep watch for us - ever.

I quickly made my way over to the window and hopped out. When I did, Horo removed the chakra from my mouth.

"Sane now?" he asked, looking down on me.

I rolled my eyes. "Just get on with it. I want to get back to my sleep."

"I have a feeling you won't be sleeping any time soon. This jutsu is ... special. You mastered the chakra control with the water element, right?"

"Yeah, I did. What about it? Are we going to do something like that again? If we are, tell me right now so that I can turn back because I'm not about to stay up for days doing that again."

"Yes, we're doing something like that. Somewhat. Don't worry. It'll be fun."

I looked up at him with a frown. "Fun? Since when does training become fun?"