An Attack on the Village

-Sasuke and Gaara's fight-

Someone elbowed me in my side and I jerked awake. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and running my hand over the sore spot near my coccyx. I shouldn't have slept in that position, it's too uncomfortable.

"What the hell-" I was cut off when Sakura grabbed my arm excitedly.

"Did you see that?!" she exclaimed, pointing to the field. Her eyes were bright and shining. My mind struggled to keep up with her enthusiasm.

"See what?" I asked, rubbing my eyes again.

Sakura groaned. "Were you even watching it? How can you know that Sasuke's out there being awesome and sleep? Are you even human?"

"I'd rather not be if that's how I'm expected to act," I muttered. I looked around, just now realizing that everyone was cheering. "Why all the excitement?"

"Sasuke did an AWESOME jutsu! I think it's called the Chidori ... anyway, yeah, and he got caught in this ball thingy that Gaara did but he got away and now everyone's cheering because they've figured out just how awesome and great and cool Sasuke is."

I rolled my eyes at her lively exuberance. "Whatever." I sighed and slouched in the chair. "I'm going back to sleep."

"You are no fun," she complained but then returned her gaze to the battle. I closed my eyes but it didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't go back to sleep. I actually wanted to see the rest of the battle. From the way Sakura was acting, I knew this was a great fight and I didn't want to miss any more of it. I slowly opened my eyes and eased back up.

Sasuke was panting and clutching his arm, but other than that, he didn't look worse for wear. The too looked evenly matched. I saw Gaara's mouth move, he was also clutching a wound that looked as if it was pouring blood, and I assumed they were talking to each other. Everyone in the crowd had their eyes trained on the fight before them. I guess I was about to be one of them. And Sasuke looked as if he was in the lead.

I turned my head forward. Something floated between my eyes. I crossed my eyes to see it. It was a white feather. Soon more and more began falling from the sky.

"What the hell?" I whispered as I caught one in my hand. I looked at it with bewilderment. Where had these come from?

I turned to Sakura to ask her if she knew but she was staring, looking around with her eyes wide. I followed her eyes and saw that Ino was slouched in her chair. And, I noticed Naruto and everyone else in the arena. They were all slouched over, looking as if they were sleeping soundly.

"You see this, Kakashi?" I heard Guy's voice and I turned around to see him and Kakashi standing a little behind me.

"Yeah. Genjustsu," Kakashi answered.

They both held their hands together and said, "Kai!"

Beside me, Sakura did the same thing. I looked between the two jonins and her. "What's going on?" I asked, completely confused. Kakashi stared at me and I knew exactly what he was wondering. How did she not fall under the genjustu? I had no idea myself.

Sakura shrugged, looking just as confused as I did. "I have absolutely no idea. I just did what they did."

"It's a genjustu," Guy answered. "Someone's trying to get everyone to sleep." He turned to Kakashi. "What do you think's going on?"

Kakashi shrugged, his hands tucked in his pockets. "I don't know. But whatever it is, I have a strong feeling I'm not going to like it."

As if responding to his words, there was a long explosion overhead. All our heads looked up in shock towards where the Hokage was sitting. There was a huge cloud of dirt and smoke covering the area, obscuring our vision.